Best grooming product brands

Fraser essentials especially the whitening shampoo .
I always use the crown Royale #2 finishing spray .
seven wonders argan oil pump for coats showday & weekly baths.Brylcreem to condition between baths
Should add that i primarily use human stuff as does the greater majority of the show world & never had issues in over 30 years .
I use the odd basics of dog products

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Thanks 1

Mim, what do you use to brush the corgi's? I had a guy come into work yesterday who is about to get a new corgi pup and was looking for the FUrminator, we don't stock them, but i wasn't sure what is best for their coat, i did suggest he ask the breeder what they use, but would be good for me to know.

Panagenics is my main shampoo and conditioner. Sometimes Isle of Dogs White EPO for the white dogs. Chris Christensen is good, but I find their white shampoo too harsh and drying. I like their 20 mm pin brushes or Bass brass pin brushes. Greyhound brand combs. 

Edited by Diva
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, juice said:

Mim, what do you use to brush the corgi's? I had a guy come into work yesterday who is about to get a new corgi pup and was looking for the FUrminator, we don't stock them, but i wasn't sure what is best for their coat, i did suggest he ask the breeder what they use, but would be good for me to know.

No to a furminator .They could use a coat rake but a good slicker,comb & above all using the tools weekly is all they need.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, juice said:

I use a metal greyhound comb, pin brush, and a rake for when they're shedding heavily. Never, ever a furminator.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but was considering buying a ferminator for my border collies.  I get the impression that people on here do not recommend them.  Why is that ??  Are they much different to a Mars Coat comb

Edited by sheena

Neither the coat king or furminator .Coat King if desperate & providing its the right one for your dogs coat not the generic number they suggest
A good undercoat rake & a comb & brush is all you need.
Spray coat before brushing to minimise breakage & static & brush weekly

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dogsfevr said:

Neither the coat king or furminator .Coat King if desperate & providing its the right one for your dogs coat not the generic number they suggest
A good undercoat rake & a comb & brush is all you need.
Spray coat before brushing to minimise breakage & static & brush weekly

Just curious why the ferminator is a no, no.  Does it break the hair or something

My Lab loved getting brushed or run through with the shedding/undercoat rake, but she hated the furminator for some reason... none of my dogs liked it particularly much, and a wriggling dog is not fun to brush...

T.

Edited by tdierikx

My labs love the furminator.  The handle broke off but it works with just the head.  I have heard that the furminator takes out too much, and isn't recommended for show grooming.  Personally, I care more about reducing the amount of f hair on my carpet. 

1 hour ago, sheena said:

Just curious why the ferminator is a no, no.  Does it break the hair or something

There not designed for coats there just a quick fix that doesn't solve the issue just keeps adding to it
Coats are designed in layers so your brush them accordingly .
Most of the quick fix tools do damage the coats & damage the correct coat .
I have showdogs im also a groomer .It makes no difference what you dog is the tools are still the same .
Yes we own the tools but they need to be used with great care but nothing beats brushing the coat out correctly for a healthy happy coat that doesn't end up broken & damaged by the wrong tools .
Undercoat rakes work on the right coat ,a comb works on the right coat & pin or gentle slicker way easier than the other tools ,lightly mist coat & brush it through

• Like 1