Would you feed Orijen?

On 3/19/2019 at 8:55 AM, Diva said:

Dog feeding brings out passionate views, it’s weird but it is right up there in the topics people hold uncompromising and extreme views on.

I don’t know what attention crazydoglady99 got but I am absolutely certain it has nothing to do with forum censorship or ownership, unless of course she was breaking forum rules in which case it was appropriate.  

As for no one wanting to discuss, this is a much quieter place than it used to be because a lot of activity has moved to fb. If no one responds to you they just aren’t interested in doing so. I know I have less than zero interest in yet another discussion of what to feed dogs. 

@Diva, the whole reason i come to this part of the forum is to have a discussion on what to feed dogs, if i wasn't interested i wouldn't come here.. I'm a member of over 10 different canine nutrition pages on Facebook, this is a subject i am passionate about and can talk about for hours.

As for Orijen, so far it's a winner. I have a bag of the original and six fish, and alternate them daily. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Christine_72 said:

@Diva, the whole reason i come to this part of the forum is to have a discussion on what to feed dogs, if i wasn't interested i wouldn't come here.. I'm a member of over 10 different canine nutrition pages on Facebook, this is a subject i am passionate about and can talk about for hours.

.....and why are you telling me? I said that if people don’t respond it is just because they don’t want to. I was responding to the ridiculous suggestion of debate being shut down down by a ‘mafia’. I DIDN’T say that no-one wants to, or that people who engage in food debates are wrong to do so. Just passionate. Which I think you prove perfectly. 

• Like 1

Not wanting to sound snarky, but if you're going to claim that you're receiving "unwanted attention", you really need to be willing to back that up with some actual details, rather than posting vague, mysterious warnings and then disappearing dramatically (presumably to pack a few things for a new life on the run, barely one step ahead of Big Pet Food, who have presumably sent out the Kibble Yakuza to assassinate some random person over their opinions on dog food, on a forum)

If you're not willing to actually say what the unwanted attention was, I'm going to have to assume the material-anti-locational antenna on your tin foil hat needs adjusting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, crazydoglady99 said:

Um -sorry, what??  Wowee.

It seems you* have edited your post, so who knows?

*Or aliens.

In all seriousness though.. claims of "unwanted attention" are pretty serious. If you're going to make a claim like that, be prepared for people to ask questions. This shady "Oh, can't name anyone, because *dundundun*" thing (which includes the business about not naming the dodgy internet diploma mill you're getting a "qualification" from. Which was weird in itself- bad enough to complain about, but won't name them in case of mysterious repercussions but also staying in the course that was bad enough to complain about? Do you see what I'm getting at here?), doesn't exactly make a lot of sense. It doesn't sound like a normal thing for someone to become the victim of "unwanted attention" over a discussion about dog food, if that attention is as serious as it was made to sound.

Anyway. If someone was harassing you via PM:

Step 1: Forward messages to Troy. He takes things like that seriously.

Step 2: Polite reply to the question on this thread. "Oh, some person took offense at my comment regarding X and sent me an abusive private message."

Step 3: Job done. 

If the Kibble Yakuza are after you.. well, I'm afraid you're on your own there.

From reading some of what you post, it's beginning to come across as a bit.. tin foil hat. Maybe that's not the intended tone (in fact, I'm sure it's not) but when you refuse to actually answer these sort of questions, it doesn't exactly clear anything up. And stealth editing your post actually makes it look even worse.

• Like 2

Christine,Thanks for this posting and letting me know what I need to feed my little puppy. I have been waiting for months since I read this topic.

Orijen is a very popular band with expensive price in my hometown. Many people pay high prices to feed their puppies because they want to give their best things. If it's a good brand then it deserves a second chance.

Edited by Honeyseason
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1