Bull terrier puppy mill

Two Best Dogs!

Juice I've asked them to respond to that very issue on their page and will be interested to see what/if they respond. I've not seen them rebutt claims publicly regarding seizure cases like this before. Maybe they can do so because they wont be prosecuting? I think their writers have let them down though putting too much spin on how difficult this case was on the RSPCA officers - time, conditions, etc. They are doing the job they are mandated by law to do and they will be reimbursed financially for their efforts and rewarded by saving dogs they felt were in need. No need to do the poor me bit when it should be about the dogs. Also a bit concerned at how much money they are charging for the puppies. Given they have moved so many over to rescue (who I doubt will get the same prices) it's a bit unsavoury to be cashing in on these animals misfortune.

• Like 1

I suspect you have no idea yet of the new operating conditions they have decided on, no more tendering to run council pounds, they will no longer renewing the leases and the council will have to run them themselves or find others to do so... BUT they will handpick the most saleable from the pounds and take them so that way those killed by the pounds wont be going on their books as having been put down by rspca.

Edited by asal
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, asal said:

I suspect you have no idea yet of the new operating conditions they have decided on, no more tendering to run council pounds, they will no longer renewing the leases and the council will have to run them themselves or find others to do so... BUT they will handpick the most saleable from the pounds and take them so that way those killed by the pounds wont be going on their books as having been put down by rspca.

As in, the RSPCA Queensland?

Down here, they pulled out of offering pound services and as of January, will only really be dealing with welfare enforcement and pocket pets.

As for the two dogs who died in transit, does anyone have any actual proof that it happened? It's already been established that the source Asal quoted, has already admitted to having some of her facts wrong. And those incorrect facts make a huge difference to the story. Which raises the question.. how could you "accidentally" get that info wrong?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddy said:

As in, the RSPCA Queensland?

Down here, they pulled out of offering pound services and as of January, will only really be dealing with welfare enforcement and pocket pets.

As for the two dogs who died in transit, does anyone have any actual proof that it happened? It's already been established that the source Asal quoted, has already admitted to having some of her facts wrong. And those incorrect facts make a huge difference to the story. Which raises the question.. how could you "accidentally" get that info wrong?

Not sure where, it was in a press release I read last week, but no idea where to re find it.

Yes, its  very unfortunate the poster didn't double and triple check. but did say all the rest is correct and apologised for the mistakes they didn't triple check

Edited by asal

I've read in a couple of places that 2 dogs were PTS because of what happened while they were in transit. Dog fights was not mentioned but was what I suspected if that is the reason. There is a lot more to this story then is being said IMO. I personally think 110 dogs is too many for any one person to own but those dogs were healthy happy dogs. Even the feet on the pups were clean. Not sure what to believe, the dogs were kept in those conditions full time or only placed there waiting for the RSPCA to load them all up. I believe the 2 week old pup was fed and cared for by an experienced person. And I hated the RSPCA's spiel about what a hard time they had while already flogging off the dogs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebanne said:

I've read in a couple of places that 2 dogs were PTS because of what happened while they were in transit. Dog fights was not mentioned but was what I suspected if that is the reason. There is a lot more to this story then is being said IMO. I personally think 110 dogs is too many for any one person to own but those dogs were healthy happy dogs. Even the feet on the pups were clean. Not sure what to believe, the dogs were kept in those conditions full time or only placed there waiting for the RSPCA to load them all up. I believe the 2 week old pup was fed and cared for by an experienced person. And I hated the RSPCA's spiel about what a hard time they had while already flogging off the dogs

had another look at the link "thistle the best dog" put up and actually not one single dog has anything but their toenails on their feet?? 

perhaps "filth" is the new word for torn up paper?

remember Noddy's books are banned these days because in the 70's it wasn't offensive to "be feeling a little gay".. used to read the Noddy stories to my little brother... had him and Mr Plod puppets....so words certainly and their meanings do morph

notice how pearly white the puppies in that "filthy" tubs toes and feet are??? Put it on BIG SCREEN .. every single one in every single shot, puppies and adults have clean feet.........

Edited by asal
  • Like 2

My gripe is they are selling the pups for $1500 each yet are asking for donations, for what ? The pups are going straight out , not kept for months . Older dogs shipped out to rescue who have to foot vet work bills and will probably charge a third of that price . 

Edited by juice
  • Sad 1

Asal. I'm sorry in advance when I upset you because I know you are working through a lot, and I'm trying to respect that, but I'm truly poleaxed. It has taken me an hour to try and word my thoughts. How you can look at these videos and photos and think this is okay for the dogs? Please don't let your anger and frustration with the RSPCA blind you to the conditions these dogs are being kept in. Excuses shouldn't be made for it. This breeder and their situation isn't you.

The majority of the dogs on the videos are yellowed, and I highly doubt it's reflection of the sun. They are dirty. Evidently they stink going by the Bull Terrier rescue's post. These dogs are not white, they're dirty, and they're the cleanest white's I could find in the crates cages. These are wire cages, not dog suitable crates.
ym4OH8w.png

Just because they contrast with a dirty floor and dirt covered mats, doesn't make them clean. 

Some are caked in mud and have stained tummies. This one in particular has dirt all up her tummy, her backside, her neck and on her nose. Even in the shitty quality of these videos it is evident.

3w7i7jm.png

The news papers are also dirty and caked with who knows what. There are ones flattened into the dirt for so long you cannot even see the bottom of the wire cage:
xyG8B3w.png

(this guy has a very dirty tummy when he hops up)

There are ones clearly re-dried with stains.

H6F8eFA.png

The sheer amount of the re-dried paper and how they are piled around and dried into the the cages  demonstrated how long each cage has been in one location. 

hKtmcYT.png

This isn't a situation that has come on suddenly, it is one that has built up over time. These crates have been set up this way so long, they have been turned into an equally dirty bench.

rspca-queensland-inspectors-puppy-farm-r 

The crates are rusted and banged up, they look like they'd fall apart if you touched them:

K6jPN8a.png

(yes there is a dog curled up in this broken cage on a wet bed and dirty feet/head)

There are enclosed crates in direct sunlight with puppies in them. Oh sure I see the tiny shitty air conditioner in the top corner, yet no curtains to help the cool air beat the hot sun:
SRlkeN8.png

There are all these dogs in wire cages in a shed with broken windows, on 35-40c days.

8fL16Tn.png

I think they were being hosed down? I see no water bowls. Risky containment.

UwV2FBh.png

Some of them have bedding in the crate that got hosed down with them. So now they get wet bedding. This poor guy is still dirty.
HJWo95Y.png

Tiny water bowls that could easily be knocked over. In weather like this, that could be a death sentence in a few hours. Also clearly dirty newspaper. 

jEZWxRU.png

(the walls in all the rooms are disgusting too, and tell an unfortunate story)

Never mind the fact that there are a 100 dogs spread across all this containment. They have no kennels, no pacing space. No quiet times. The lucky ones are the puppies in that outside yard filled with trash, assuming they had water. And they are dirty look at those feet and tummies. 

The dogs may be portly, but the containment is detrimental to their health and wellbeing. It is right there in photos. I don't see how this can be handwaved away because they're not emaciated. I shouldn't have to take a screenshot of every frame and  point out what is wrong with how these dogs are contained.

This is a set up that has clearly been going on for quite some time. Be it one dog or one hundred, this is not how you humanely contain them. I find it a little bit upsetting that every time there is a puppy mill case, with accommodations like this that really shouldn't be debatable, people will try to handwave it away because it's a pure bred registered breeder. This is not an acceptable standard of care (OR transit) for dogs and it is disappointing to see the care of the dogs be glossed over and ignored in favour of griping about the RSPCA. 

You realise this is a public thread right? And that my thread is now the third result when you search "bull terrier puppy mill australia" on google? What is written here is what people will see as a demonstration of what breeders think. They don't even need to make an account. The things that are chosen to be discussed and ignored will be seen as a reflection of dog breeder community.   You are more than welcome to make a separate posts about the RSPCA where we can discuss things they are doing wrong, but when you constantly redirect with cries of denial and cries of wolf in a situation with very blatant video evidence of bad care - it looks like you are okay with keeping dirty dogs in tiny dirty cages with tiny water bowls, some without water, on very hot days.

I think you're trying to point out where the RSPCA is wrong, but when you stray to denying what is in the photos, to me it looks like you are saying that how these dogs were kept was somehow right when you start denying what is there. Maybe you are. Maybe you aren't. I don't know. But that's what these photos show and that's what it looks like you're defending when you deny what is in them.

This breeder needs help and significantly less dogs. Ideally the help would have started way before it got to this stage (i'm not sure how, since it seems like those who knew did not say anything. Where was dogs QLD in all this? A hundred registered dogs in one location doesn’t flag a visit?!). Unfortunately that didn't happen. Hopefully if there are other breeders or hoarders in similar states, or heading towards such, they will realise sooner rather than later and reach out. They don't have to reach out to the RSPCA. There's rescues, dog communities, friends and family. People will help. I'm helping a rabbit rescue right now taking in a similar hoarder surrender situation with similar conditions. I really don't think any animals should be kept like this.

The prices they are being sold at, I do highly disagree with for the puppies. I think they should be at the same price as any other RSPCA puppy. Then they can ask for donations. Asking for donations and the high prices - it might be sensible business advantage, but it leaves a taste in the mouth. I don't like the amount of emotional commentary the RSPCA has made. They can't control the news channels, but they don't need to do so much of their own posts's. e.g. The tail end of the rumour addressing posts are better, the start up rambling not so much.

These are all things I dislike, but it doesn’t negate the conditions. I am still glad those dogs are not in those banged up cages anymore because that is not how you care for dogs.

Edited by Thistle the Best Dog
still trying to word my thoughts
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

There is no love lost between me and the RSPCA for many reasons, but I agree with Thistle here and whilst we may not have the full story I still have overall concerns for these dogs. I stated earlier that I had seen pictures of scoured bellies. That is a legitimate concern to me because that doesn't happen from one night in a dirty cage. They may be good 'breeders' of this breed but I wouldn't want my dog caged in a room that looked like anything in those pictures, particularly in the heat, I wouldn't want my dog without a constant supply of water and I wouldn't want my dog lying even overnight in a wet cage (water or urine). So if it is not ok for my dog I don't feel it is ok for other dogs either, even temporarily. If I was helping out at a shelter or pound or house/dog sitting for a breeder that looked like those images I  would be very concerned. I've seen (and cleaned up) messes made by a lot of dogs and puppies overnight and this has a longer term look to it. I also feel that if you have 110 dogs/puppies on your premises that is a lot of work and I don't know how many people were assisting this breeder to keep on top of everything that was needed. I know a few breeders in real life but don't know any who have ever had that many dogs in their care at one time. Even if only half were for sale that is more puppy farm than breeder territory. That many dogs is also a potential sign of a fairly good income and yet the housing conditions seem so poor. Most breeders sink their money back into their dogs and set up. Perhaps there are runs that weren't shown but why would you even be using old cages and windowless rooms that look so poorly maintained if you had other options? So unfortunately, the more I hear and read up, the less my opinions have changed that intervention was needed. Not sure it needed to be seizure and immediate sale of all these dogs, but it seems the breeder surrendered them rather than have them legally seized. If they felt they were in the right and could back it up why not fight for your good name and dogs back? Maybe they were truly overwhelmed? I wish they'd felt comfortable seeking assistance earlier if that was the case. I do feel for the breeders but leaving the RSPCA out of this I still see concerns for the conditions those dogs were in and I definately have concerns regarding the significant misinformation that came from so called people in the know on behalf of the breeder. That took a lot of my confidence in their side of things away. That wasn't just a misunderstanding of details - they were rather elaborate lies left in a public place for all to read. And if the RSPCA are publicly denying the transporting of dogs in horse floats and the subsequent injury and loss of two dogs then they are taking a huge risk if they are lying too. I'm sure they would've been photographing, videotaping and documenting everything they did to protect themselves legally.

What a big, sorry mess. Ultimately more clean up work for rescue.

• Like 2

I too like you, cant get my head around EVEN thinking  I could attempt to look after 100 dogs....  but the thing is I dont find myself comfortable with the words being used.

if that was ten dogs, the pictures are still of illegal housing,,  yes it is illegal to keep any dog in a transport crate... that alone is enough to be charged...

so why all the emotive language when even blind freddy has to admit to the majority of us "filth" is not torn up paper.

it is feces,,, urine, mud, slush...  

that is torn up dry...DRY.....dry paper.

paper turns to paper mache when you add any kind of fluid be it soft feces, urine or water....none of the three are discernible in any photos whatever...stains, dust yes they can be seen but be honest.. there is more shiny white paper than there is stains as for those pearly white feet and bodies...

shut out the horror and amazement there are over 100 dogs...look at the photos..

the cages are illegal, the keeping them in them are illegal...

the small bowls of water are inadequate no matter how often changed...  all that is distressing enough that their owner couldnt see that for themselves surely?

they needed help, they needed to know this is utterly unacceptable....   my understanding was if you break the law, be it fleas, unsuitable housing, underweight, injury, you have 14 days to either take immediately take to your vet, or comply or if not, seizure.

For whatever reasons that didn't happen. one swoop all taken... win, win for the rspca already, so why the character assassination? You cant character assassinate the chap just charged with his wife's murder?  

You think I only lose it when the rspca are involved... 

The mere sight of Cardinal George Pell renders me sick to my stomach, long (decades) before the church awarded him the ultimate accolade for his betrayal of so many children whose lives have been irrevocably destroyed.. to me he should rot in jail for life to perverting the course of justice....but....I like those who the churches should have defended, take a slow breath and remember to take the next one and dont throw up...

when stringy disappeared and every one of my frantic efforts to save him proved utterly futile..... I realised I know this utterly helpless feeling from somewhere before?  Those children who begged Pell for help, know that feeling... that's why 70% of them were not there to represent themselves at the Royal Commission... 70% of them kill themselves before they get to see their 30th Birthday....

He, same as that accused murderer, believe it or not ,  is innocent until proven guilty?  again, as Professer Sumner Miller would ask us,,, why is this so?

stick to facts not embroider what your own dog would do to a sheet of newspaper in seconds flat......and get you slandered over the sudden onset of "FILTH"

Edited by asal

I have this lady's permission to copy and paste her story....she had reported this person repeatadly to the "rescuers" of the bull Terriers who hit the headlines and finally here.

appear to pick and choose who they "rescue" if these photos are any guide.

"Anita B Have to laugh at the RSPCA carrying on about them living in 'filth'. Yes, the place looks like it could have done with a bloody good cleanup, but the dogs themselves looked to be in great condition and very clean. When I called them in to try to save some starving horses and help 17 dogs living in a house in absolute stomach turning filth the inspector told me they don't seize dogs over 'squalor' that they see that all the time. The owner showed them a few tins of Pal in the cupboard that she always kept for such occasions and had a few bowls of water out, so the skinny conditio of every single dog, the worminess, the ear infections meant nothing. Two border collies tied to verandah posts on 6' leads with an old bowl of water were totally ignored and a few of the horses were put on management orders, not one animal out of 27 taken.

The inside of the house was so bad that a man shovelling out one of the rooms had to keep stopping to run outside and vomit. There was dog diarrhea and urine soaked rubbish up to a foot deep.

no publicity either, RSPCA nabs drug addicted mentally ill hoarder doesn't bring in the donations quite like nasty puppy farmer with 110 dogs

Dogs jumped in and out of this window all the time, this is acceptable housing.

The dogs lived in here on rubbish, feces and broken glass from the window they’d smashed

"

47681885_10156314319119091_7712946315046420480_o.jpg

47575334_10156314316564091_6418117145359548416_o.jpg

• Sad 1

ummm

interesting website... this page is talking about another busy money grabbing animal rescue site. Lots of interesting pages and links... OH and the frenchies rspca  that were, rescued/seized/surrendered because her local council only allows 2 dog and 2 cats in WA... they were  sold  from 1800 to 2500.....although quite a few seem to have "disappeared" neither listed as sold/for sale or euthed.. just disappeared ?

http://savingpets.com.au/blog/what-rescue-groups-are-saying-about-petrescue

Edited by asal

Asal, rather than detract and deflect attention from the topic of this thread (kupala bull terrier puppy mill conditions) - can I suggest you  make your own thread for RSPCA faults that are seperate to these dogs. 

7E68AFC9-AD49-43AE-84DB-C3693A3A2165.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thistle the Best Dog said:

Asal, rather than detract and deflect attention from the topic of this thread (kupala bull terrier puppy mill conditions) - can I suggest you  make your own thread for RSPCA faults that are seperate to these dogs. 

7E68AFC9-AD49-43AE-84DB-C3693A3A2165.jpeg

good idea, but it will be deleted like the last one.   Ill just delete what I put if you like?

at least things have come a long way since 2000 say anything negative of em and you were frozen from posting and all u put deleted... people are beginning to realise maybe theres a whiff of truth to a percentage of the " I was wronged" who where character assassinated
... maybe another 18 will be needed for the royal commission

Edited by asal
  • Like 1

No you don’t need to delete them just that I’m hoping that this thread itself doesn’t get deleted. Being so close to Christmas I hope it helps highlight to people how hard it is to find a responsible breeder and also to report things that seem out of normal. If it gets deleted, the awareness that even registered breeders can have a puppy mill hiding amongst them will fade. 

This person ticks all the usual okay boxes except for the environmental care. About the only red flag I could see is the sheer number of puppy advertisements they’ve put out. Truly under the radar for whatever reasons :( 

i dont know of it would be more of a general topic to talk about  when the rspca doesn’t respond to reports, and I think adoption prices would also fall under a different topic as there was a similar discussion recently about high adoption prices where people were divided. Troy might be able to advise on what would and would not be deleted?

2 hours ago, Thistle the Best Dog said:

No you don’t need to delete them just that I’m hoping that this thread itself doesn’t get deleted. Being so close to Christmas I hope it helps highlight to people how hard it is to find a responsible breeder and also to report things that seem out of normal. If it gets deleted, the awareness that even registered breeders can have a puppy mill hiding amongst them will fade. 

This person ticks all the usual okay boxes except for the environmental care. About the only red flag I could see is the sheer number of puppy advertisements they’ve put out. Truly under the radar for whatever reasons :( 

i dont know of it would be more of a general topic to talk about  when the rspca doesn’t respond to reports, and I think adoption prices would also fall under a different topic as there was a similar discussion recently about high adoption prices where people were divided. Troy might be able to advise on what would and would not be deleted?

I have sent a letter to the board on the subject,  I've been a member since 1978 and I know from so many places I've seen over the decades I know many show people kept their dogs in this way " to keep them clean"  Some people know no better because that is how their parents kept them and their grandparents in many instances.

hence my suggesting instead of  fluff pieces, address the elephant in the room..... there have been huge changes in the past 40 years, dont assume all are up to date. with knowing that housing is not acceptable...... Not excusing those crates.

but notice there was no mention of being told they were not acceptable, no time to comply exceeded.... simply raided and taken, with two options to decide.... fight in the courts or sign them over....

iTS ABOUT TIME our registeries realise they have more  to be addressed than simply maintain a register for purebred dogs. At this rate there will be so few left the gene pool will be verging on extinction within 10 years.

Seems the ANKC'S in America are catching on.

Instead of just breed profiles and breeders in our magazines.... 

... show photos of WHAT is not acceptable and photos of what is expected.

you cant assume such a person intended to be cruel.

many dogs out west live their lives chained to a hollow log on anything from a 6 foot to a 12 foot chain when they aren't off for a run. Or working.

one night I held inside my jacket, an unwanted working kelpie pup who was the undersized last of her litter and no one wanted her, I happened to visit just as her breeder was about to shoot her,, .....its tough out west.

it was night, she was black and tan and it wasn't until we were halfway home to Sydney I realised I was burning up with itchiness....nearly went nuts by the time we were home and I could check her out in the lights.... she was riddled with fleas.... had been regularly wormed and already vaccinated but he obviously didn't know he had a flea explosion.

I rang him and he thanked me ...

country people do not intend to be cruel...

the log she was raised in had been cut by his father 80 years before.

it was an excellent temperature controlled place to snooze on a 100+ deg F day. the old timers weren't stupid....  Today His sons dogs sleep on his bed and muscle him out of his own bed, so times have changed there.  

But we should not assume all are aware how much times have changed......

As for the Masters of the stand-over  for decades. 

I saw for myself in 1995, when they asked the Magistrate could they please see if they could settle out of court and told Marion they would drop the $7,000 they had asked the court for agistment costs, for the ten weeks they had held her ten Arabians if she signed them over...

They too were taken the day the special constable came to inspect them..

I have no idea what was actually said when he arrived. Marion said he had been so insulting she had ordered him off her land, she said he told her "I will show you what I can do" .  Pulled out his mobile, made a call and before I could get there when she called me to come and help her....  A ten horse truck had arrived and took ten of her 27 Arabians.... I had been helping her feed and water them since they had arrived in two trucks from a western property in deep drought. so all were distressingly thin.

Her home had 14 acres of grass to their knees but so many would have made short work of it in days, so I helped her put out feed bins for every one of the 27 for their individual feeds as well as bathtubs kept full of hay for  between feeds and  bathtubs full of water. as well as the creek at the bottom.

So they well and truly  had both food and water.

Ten weeks later she received a summons to attend court and I went with her, so what happened is not Hearsay... I was present.

They told Marion they would find her horses good homes if she signed them over.... she asked them three times and each time she was assured they would find them good homes.....

so she signed, then we went back to the magistrate,  They asked him to "drop the $7,000 agistment costs, BUT I still want to charge her for failure to worm the horses".

No mention of this had been made during the conference... the Magistrate, just like the adds running at the time said "Its a crime not to worm your" and he said "horses" instead of "dogs" as was in the add. The penalty being $7,000 with three months to pay. or face arrest and Jail ...... (except? they had been seized the day he arrived she had no opportunity to comply?) Marion was pretty much in shock from that point as she was spending every penny she had feeding the ones she still had to care for.

I and a number of people rang every day after she signed them over, to be told every day that week, "they are not available for sale yet!"

I rang again 9am Saturday morning and again received the same reply..   Annoyed I replied, "that's not true I was there when they were signed over on Tuesday!"

I could almost feel the lady on the switch give a shurg and then said "I suppose it wont hurt to tell you, they went to McGrath's Hill sales this morning".   I dropped the phone like a hot potato and rang everyone I knew would be willing to bid for them and took off as soon as I could.

When I arrived they had not been sold yet..... shortly the first Mare was run into the ring, Little Raggy, (cant remember her registered name.)  the tall Red haired special constable who had seized them and also had been present in the room when Marion had been assured they would be found good homes, strode into the ring.

He addressed the auctioneer directly telling him "you are to only accept bids from the dogger's."  turned on his heel and as he walked out  added "and their all mad".

I dispute that, I had helped Marion with all of them with no trouble from them which included loading and unloading them on my horse float to ensure they had good manners.

They comprised three young colts, three fillies and four adult broodmares.  The Crenel colt was sold to the Queensland dogger. all the rest were bought by Luddenham Knackery.

when the Luddenham dogger began bidding I raced over to him and asked him to buy them for me and would be happy to pay whatever profit he wanted... he told me not to worry, he had  had a phone call from Doug who couldn't make it.. (one of the people who I had called) so he bought tt the broodmares who had been first to the auctioned, then the Crenel Colt came in and before I could realise what was happening he was knocked down to the Queensland dogger...... I asked Doug's friend why didn't you bid?  He said Doug only said to buy the mares, so I asked him to buy all the rest for me ,  which he did.  The Qld dogger wouldn't resell no matter what I offered him... so he went on a semi from nsw to Qld to his death...

by the time I had arranged transport and payment for all mine it was dark and despite many phone calls to Marion she never answered her phone.  So I went to her home next morning to tell her all but one are safe.

Except although I could hear her inside the house she would not answer the door nor speak to me. just kept sobbing .  She never answered her phone in the following 3 months, the rspca never once came to check on the remaining 17, although by ten weeks they were actually all in significantly better condition than the ones I had bought at the auction.......

So whenever I could I would drop by her place and try to get her to answer the door but she wouldn't, would just get hysterical and crying...

finally one day I spotted her bringing groceries home from the shops so she couldn't run,   it was awful, just stood and sobbed.

Finally got out of her she had received a phone call that Saturday, She was told they had all been slaughtered for dog meat...  She was a wreak, terrified of everyone, including me.  Took me years before she would answer the door to me if she was home when I knocked.

Always scared, always afraid to answer the door, she became a shadow of the confidant woman who had helped RM Williams organise and run the first Tom Quilty 100 Mile Endurance ride in 1966 onwards......

She is still alive but has never recovered,  

As for the Special constable,  He is now CEO of RSPCA NSW.......

"find them good homes?".....

Considering I had seen and heard all this in 1995, My personal breakdown after Stringy disappeared and the ensuing fiasco i in 1999 shows how stupid I was to think that could not happen to me, there is nothing wrong with my dogs, including Stringy..Just like you will when its your turn to learn

The modus operandi has been in operation for decades now.

AND they did prove me correct after all their tests came back negative.... pity it took them 13 days to learn that and  I had to pay for every cent of the tests proving my vet knows his job and knew Blue gene alopecia on sight and theirs didn"t.

Even more upsetting, he didn't come home the same happy healthy dog. once I had paid them, I had to race him to his own vet to learn why he was continually foaming at the mouth, he was so dehydrated on arrival he had to go on a drip and antibiotics for the pneumonia he now had and Richard found his trachea had been torn, the exudation from the tear causing the pneumonia.  he believed an oversize tracheal tube had been too forceably inserted causing the tear.

UMMM ..well? is this considered relevant in that the Modus Operandi is the same, or should I delete it?

Edited by asal

On 07/12/2018 at 9:00 PM, Thistle the Best Dog said:

Asal. I'm sorry in advance when I upset you because I know you are working through a lot, and I'm trying to respect that, but I'm truly poleaxed. It has taken me an hour to try and word my thoughts. How you can look at these videos and photos and think this is okay for the dogs? Please don't let your anger and frustration with the RSPCA blind you to the conditions these dogs are being kept in. Excuses shouldn't be made for it. This breeder and their situation isn't you.

This. So much this. 

I'm personally not a huge fan of the RSPCA because I don't believe non-profits should be enforcing legislation (amongst other issues with the organisation, at both national and state levels) but equally, how the hell can you look at those pictures and think that the squalor shown was acceptable?

I've said it before but I'm going to say it again: Asal, please seek some help. I'm not saying this to be mean to you, I'm saying it because if your grief and trauma are so severe that you'd defend horrendous, cruel living conditions for an animal that you love, simply to argue against the organisation that hurt you, I honestly think you need to deal with it.

Like Thistle, I was absolutely.. speechless at your opinion that the dogs looked fine so it all must be okay. I mean, besides the fact (as Thistle points out) that body fat on a dog does not mean it's healthy and cared for, the photos clearly show dogs who have been living in filth for quite some time.

What you are defending is animal cruelty, simple as that. And if this isn't because of your traumatic experience with the RSPCA, then it must be because you honestly believe those conditions to be suitable for housing dogs. And if that's the case, perhaps the RSPCA were justified in removing your dog from you. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but it's either one or the other, isn't it?

Please get some help. I will not believe that you'd actually condone cruelty but as someone who has spent the last 11 years rescuing, your anti-welfare, anti-rescue comments are beginning to wear at me. I try to be civil with you because I can see that the trauma has deeply affected you, but I won't stand by while you continue to defend cruelty.

Edited by Maddy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The housing is appalling. No breeder should need to be told those conditions are unacceptable or given time to rectify them. I’ve been involved in the “dog world” all my life (my mother was given her first show dog in 1947, and won best of breed at the Sydney Royal in the 1950s) and conditions like that have never been acceptable. 

They’re not good conditions for improving the breed or producing well socialised puppies, either. I’m not sure how anybody could keep track of the virtues and faults of so many dogs at any one time, much less know their pedigrees in depth.

• Like 4