Sheltie Decendant

sheltiesrule

IMy  beautiful Sheltie passed away last Sunday, he was 13.  I would love to have a descendant but cannot find the breeder Kendarlyn online.  I have tried contacted the Sheltie club of Victoria and am waiting for a reply.  Are they any other ways of tracking down his bloodlines?

Dogs Vic wont be able to help .
The Sheltie  club would be your best chance as the breeder may no longer breed & no one may have used there dogs so no guarantee the lines are still out there & if they are would have new lines in there

Aust Ch Kendarlyn Kontestor · Eng Ch Jefsfire Freelancer · Eng Aust Ch Riverhill Rampion ROMA · Aust Ch Kendarlyn Kannie Annie · Helensdale Frolic · Eng ..."

I googled & got the above information.  That link led to a Sheltie data-base where you have to register to look up details.
Edited by mita

57 minutes ago, mita said:

Further info on the Shelmanna Sheltie that was listed with a Kendarlyn ancestor,   Shelmanna Kennels are listed on Dogzonline & that breeder is in Tasmania.  Maybe contact that breeder for information?   https://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/member.asp?name=SHELMANNA 

Excellent idea.   I had been going to suggest her as a possible source of information, but with your added information, that makes it an even better idea!!:)

Maybe contact that Tasmanian breeder on the link given.  Looks like she's got quite a few Kendarlyn shelties back in her Shelmanna pedigrees.  Experienced breeders like her can be a fund of information about the various bloodlines.  And could give you tips of where to look & who to ask about your Kasper.   I know that myself from the experienced tibetan spaniel breeders how informative they can be.

Edited by mita
  • Like 1

Hi everyone

I contacted the Tasmanian breeder and she confirmed that she new Kasper’s breeder very well and they used each other’s boys.  She is going to let me know when any of her girls  have mated and send me photos.  Thanks everyone for all your advice, it is really appreciated.

• Like 5

I thought she’d be your best bet! I joined DOL for similar-ish reasons many years ago (wanted to find my dog’s breeder to thank her and tell her how special he was). I found out she had died about a month before he did, but spoke to a friend of hers and found another breeder who has her lines. It’s fascinating to look at that third breeder’s dogs, see a family resemblance, open up their pedigree information and see the same names pop up. Given these names aren’t necessarily his breeder’s prefix I’m wondering if I’ve stumbled upon other family members (I don’t have his pedigree information). I’d love to meet them in person but would be a crying mess. :laugh:

18 hours ago, sheltiesrule said:

Hi everyone

I contacted the Tasmanian breeder and she confirmed that she new Kasper’s breeder very well and they used each other’s boys.  She is going to let me know when any of her girls  have mated and send me photos.  Thanks everyone for all your advice, it is really appreciated.

That's great!    I thought she'd be happy to help!

23 hours ago, sheltiesrule said:

Hi everyone

That's fantastic news!  I'm not surprised she was very familiar with Kendarlyn shelties.... there were so many back in her dogs' pedigrees.  Looks like you'll have the relative you so much wished for! 

• Like 1

Hello Sheltiesrule, I just saw your post and your dogs breeder was Gill Spencer who moved some years ago to SA to live with her daughter who also bred Shelties, but under the prefix Lynsline. Gill no longer breeds and is a lovely lady but to be honest I don't know if she is still with us.

The daughters name is Lynne

Winterfield. Email is [email protected]

I hope this may be of some help.

Any dogs with Kendarlyn lines will be last bred about ten years ago.

• Like 4