Canine Circovirus

Does anyone know anything about this??

Please if anyone can give me any info it would be so greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Guest

is your dog infected? 
yes, you need good info. perhaps change vets .

if, on the other hand , it is something you have found/heardof/read about ... perhaps you would be best served by contacting  a Uni or somewhere like that . If it is an uncommon/newly discovered little beastie , your vet may not yet have the information - they do have an awful lot to learn /keep up with .

1 hour ago, persephone said:

is your dog infected? 

if, on the other hand , it is something you have found/heardof/read about ... perhaps you would be best served by contacting  a Uni or somewhere like that . If it is an uncommon/newly discovered little beastie , your vet may not yet have the information - they do have an awful lot to learn /keep up with .

This.

My limited understanding of it, is that it's a fairly recent find, and would require PCR to confirm. Also, that it hasn't been found in Australia.

If you'd like something to worry over, tularemia type B was found in Tasmania in few years ago. First recorded case in the southern hemisphere. 

On 12/12/2018 at 9:39 AM, persephone said:

is your dog infected? 

Sorry for the late reply, I couldn’t see my notifications properly. Or I just was too new-Mum, sleep-deprived to read properly. Either one.

No, he’s not. Thank God.

That’s a good idea. Thank you. 

Edited by Guest