wonderful story, wonderful dog

asal

Asal do you have Netflix? There is a series on there at present called Dogs which you would enjoy. It is very understated, so you come to your own realisations about the dogs featured each episode and what they mean to the people around them. How it is in real life really.

• Like 1

Pretend she is a dog.... wonderful story.  they mean so much to us, they help us so much.  I have a friend whose husband has ptsd from war, one hour with our welsh Cob and he went weeks without a panic attack... they are great helps too.....

24862181_1714890931874910_11906466303588

click on the pic... it enlarges....stunningly

Three years ago my husband Randy asked for a headstone for Christmas. I asked for a Wall. He also wanted me to sell his beloved Horse; Shadow. He had one request; before we sell her; he wanted pictures of her. I had Crista Everly come out and take the pictures. ( the first two pictures are Crista's Creation, aren't they beautiful?) 
And like most things Randy tells me to do, I did the opposite.
I refused to sell the horse. 
Here is the story of the Other Female in my husbands life. 

The Other Female~ D.M. Eich

My husband was given 7 months to live in June 2014. When my husbands Cancer was found one of the first suggestions; by I pray; well meaning individuals; was when you gonna get rid of your horse? The questions shocked both of us. Again well meaning individuals told my husband the whole list of cant's that he wont be able to do after surgery.

Can't Ride horses; or be around them. They may kick you! You'll be frail and they will run over you. You'll never ride again. If you fall; your a goner for sure. So many well meaning individuals successfully filled my husband with fear. Just when I thought he needed to keep working with his horse he told me to sell his horse. He bought into the can't. In fact he wanted one last picture with her before he died. 

We both bawled like babies the day the photographer took the Picture of him and Shadow. 

I refused to sell the horse. 

For almost 6 months he sat in his recliner, hating life, hating the disease and probably most of all hating me for refusing to sell his girl; Shadow.

We fought constantly. 

I chose to do the opposite, I brought her home and put her in the front yard where he could see her everyday. He'd call out she needs food, water ,love, brushing! I refused. I told him to do it; it was his horse! All I heard was I can't. Now before you notify PETA and tell them I allowed the horse to be neglected I want to assure you she was well taken care of; he just didn't see me doing it. 

It took my husband a long time to take care of her. Sure he was slow but each day she helped him heal. She helped him emotionally and physically. Seeing my husband slowly rotting in a recliner was tough. Seeing him brushing and talking to his girl made my heart sing. 

He ordered her all kinds of horse gear and spent obscene amounts of money on the best feed, grooming supplies and tack. I didn't mind, the other Female was worth every penny.

As his strength grew so did his confidence. 

Since his diagnosis we have ridden in many states. Deserts and Mountains; over hills and valleys. His passion for Horses has grown as our bank account has decreased. I don't mind though; I have a happy husband who has cancer; Cancer doesn't have him.

The crazy weather in Missouri is in the 70's today. We set out early and he spent the beautiful day with his girls. Shadow and I. 

For those of you who have a love and a passion please don't let this disease take you from it. Live each day as the amazing gift it is. 

I can't imagine where we would be without the other Female in my husbands life. 

I am blessed. 

~D.M. Eich; December 2014

Edited by asal

They are fantastic at calming. Only the other day I was with a person who loading up to have a meltdown the moment I put the dogs lead in her hand her demeanour did a complete backflip, she ended up having a great day, magic!

• Like 1

I saw this video on Facebook about a beautiful horse who just adores people and was going in to hospices and he chose which room he wanted to go into and it was usually a person who needed him. He nibbles on them and is very up close and personal! In the footage he visits a patient who I think might have brain tumours who has not been emotionally responsive. He starts to cry as Peyo nibbles on him and checks him out. Gave me the feels big time.

https://www.todayfm.com/Muireann-OConnell/This-Amazing-Horse-Visits-Hospitals-As-A-Therapist-

• Like 1

I have seen it myself, our neighbour was said to be in a coma beyond knowing anyone was there... I asked him would he like to see fluffy, he nodded...

We used to bring her for visits as he hated the nursing home so.

she would cheer him up no end along with every patient who could pat her.

so went home brought fluffy and again when we arrived the doctor said its too late..

fluffy sniffed and nuzzled him and slowly his hand rose from his side to slide up her face and fondle her face and ears..... not sure who was going to faint first, the doctor or his son and grandkids.

She gave Lenny so much pleasure in the years before we had to say goodbye.

it was beautiful to see his happiness,,, he had a smile on his face and a light of happiness.

After he became too tired and went back to sleep, she did the rounds of the patients waiting to see her too...

she was so gentle with everyone.

she was one hot tomalie when you were riding her though.

this is fluffy at the State Sporting.  see she sure could derby. She and her rider are 18... we had  this wonderful welshie until she was 36 ... her best friend Rahma,  is 34 and still going well... took Rahm's to the medieval fair at Bowral and went in the skill at Arms... our combined age was 103.. .. she is by a welsh dad from an arabian mum

Polebend.jpg

18195058_1977326279156923_31009087538104

Our pets can take us such wonderful places, this was  a best day with puppies and Chris Brown , Amanda Keller and the Living room , HEAPS OF PUPPIES  11 of them took over the studio, Gee Chris is tall.

21232111_10211692141211386_1371629274051

you wont see this again in your life time I suspect... the bay mare is Bea Bea, her two daughters are identical twins, we sure were not expecting twins. Let alone identical.

1527137_10201969188223638_1893954638_n.j

They keep us sane while the world tries to overwhelm us, dont they.

the tough bit is the knowledge that everyone of them can be taken by a moron, (with none of the qualifications of their vets with BV.Sc after their names) and killed if they so decide, because they have "formed the opinion" to do so.

Before anyone starts on my fragile mental state.

How did it get that way?

I was with Marion Alcorn in 1995 when three times she was told if she signed her ten arabians over, "they would be found good homes"

She signed them over. The man who had "formed the opinion " to seize them the day he took them was present as well... No 14 days to comply, he arrived, they were taken.

Not heresay I was there with Marion when she was promised.

I was also present at McGrath's Hill sales when that same man walked into the ring and told the auctioneer "You are only to accept bids from the doggers" then he turned on his heel and as he strode away finished "and they are all mad."    

Again Not Heresay... I was there..

He "formed the opinion" all should die. Despite the promise his superiors had made in his presence, only 5 days before.

Marion received a phone call that same Saturday. Advising her all ten had been slaughtered for dog meat. When in fact all ten, were still very much alive, although we failed to save the Crenel colt.  He was slaughtered after being trucked to Queensland..........The dogger who bought him refused to resell......

She never answered a phone again for over 20 years.....

Weak minded?  broken certainly.

The man who "formed the opinion" that day, is now CEO of RSPCA NSW!

There is still no avenue of appeal either? why is that so?

Stringy was just the icing on the cake, showing me no one is safe.......no matter how healthy their pet is.

Remember Marion's horses next time one of you is tempted to throw at anyone,  that stupid line they never act unless "where there's smoke there's fire!"

Edited by asal