How to tell if your Dog is a Dingo?

YOLO

2 hours ago, Maddy said:

I know this is definitely in very poor taste (and I feel terrible already) but.. the first thing that came to my mind was.. "How does the dog like babies"?" 

If there is a hell, I'm quite possibly going there.

No, you’re not - making people laugh is a good deed :) 

Besides, that particular instance aside, you can always counter with the data re wild dogs being responsible for most of the attacks (typically livestock related) perpetrated. If there is an actual Dingo of any percentage  living with someone somewhere, the likelihood would prob be that babies would frighten  them and set off the whole approach-retreat-repeat process. 

Might be worth adding that to the checklist :)

10 hours ago, Maddy said:

I know this is definitely in very poor taste (and I feel terrible already) but.. the first thing that came to my mind was.. "How does the dog like babies"?" 

The dingo who took Azaria was a pet, it brought her home and left her on the doorstop. the horrified owner killed it and buried both....obviously not together.

how do I know... my bil was the arid zone vet who was lumped with autopsying all the dingo's shot and knew what really happened. people tried to tell no one listened......but hey who listens to the locals who might actually know...how quickly everyone forgot the local tribeswomen tracked it from the tent..... only lost the tracks when they realised where it was heading, had only just been given ulauru back....nightmare all round, then a dipstick in Darwin decides he doesn't like the way Lindy dressed and it all went downhill even faster.

the dingo's on Fraser Island need food, but nope,.................. the half witted govt buffoons wont even let the scraps from the tourist camps be put out at a feeding station well away, so the dingo's dont come begging for food.....another disaster already happened how many times???? starving dogs is a recipe for disaster, regardless  of species, as has already happened on Fraser island.....The photos of the dingo's show they are so skinny the rspca would have taken them if they were your dog....that thin means there sure is not enough native food to be found.............. I heard, until they stopped the scrap's being put out no attacks, because they were not coming to the camps    but hey aborigines n locals dont know zilch about dingo's you have to be a greenie with a uni degree or of course a politician who bought the seat anyway with donations to get elected.  safe, wildlife management isn't on the agenda

Edited by asal
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, asal said:

The dingo who took Azaria was a pet, it brought her home and left her on the doorstop. the horrified owner killed it and buried both....obviously not together.

how do I know... my bil was the arid zone vet who was lumped with autopsying all the dingo's shot and knew what really happened. people tried to tell no one listened......but hey who listens to the locals who might actually know...how quickly everyone forgot the local tribeswomen tracked it from the tent..... only lost the tracks when they realised where it was heading, had only just been given ulauru back....nightmare all round, then a dipstick in Darwin decides he doesn't like the way Lindy dressed and it all went downhill even faster.

the dingo's on Fraser Island need food, but nope,.................. the half witted govt buffoons wont even let the scraps from the tourist camps be put out at a feeding station well away, so the dingo's dont come begging for food.....another disaster already happened how many times???? starving dogs is a recipe for disaster, regardless  of species, as has already happened on Fraser island.....The photos of the dingo's show they are so skinny the rspca would have taken them if they were your dog....that thin means there sure is not enough native food to be found.............. I heard, until they stopped the scrap's being put out no attacks, because they were not coming to the camps    but hey aborigines n locals dont know zilch about dingo's you have to be a greenie with a uni degree or of course a politician who bought the seat anyway with donations to get elected.  safe, wildlife management isn't on the agenda

Asal, habituation is a very real problem in native wildlife and it never ends well for them. Down here, a few years back, an entire mob of eastern greys had to be destroyed because they lived in a local reserve, had become very habituated to humans feeding them at the BBQ areas, and were starting to become aggressive in their begging for food. Even "cute" wild animals can be very dangerous, if they're coming into close contact with humans.

The other issue is that supplemental feeding unbalances population. The animals become dependent on the extra food to sustain a population that could not naturally exist in that region. And then when the extra food is withdrawn, the excess animals starve. The solution is to make sure no one makes that mistake again.

• Like 2

another solution is trap/catch and cull when its exceeded.....dont let them starve...... but hey that's and intelligent solution....one your cant accuse a pollie of is intelligance....follow the votes is all so many know or understand...

Im beside a raaf base... thousands of acres.. but in the last drought the greenie in charge of the wildlife did nothing about the roo's starving,,, stripping everything until finally they dug out and culled themselves on the local roads....

tens of thousands of dollars, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars, damage done to cars, utes and trucks but hey the greenie didn't have to pay for it.... nice wage when you can get paid for doing nothing but wave your degree.

the suffering of the roo's wasn't a concern though.

my favourites were the Swamp Wallabies with their little striped faces and their golden dusted shoulders, butts and tails... so gentle and friendly.... they would wait until we finished lunch when we were mustering and quietly slip over to the sandwich crusts.... but that was before the Greenie decided no more cattle in there to keep the fire hazard down.... 18 months later black christmas dawned.....the fire load so massive ALL the trees crowned and the blaze went though like a steam train and through to St Marys where tens of millions of damage was done... all the local rfs could do was fight to save the homes near the base and pray for our little roo friends......we were lucky no one was killed but my husband stank from the acrid smoke and lost all his hair but luckily not his lungs.... hazard reduction would have meant none of the parrot trees would have been destroyed, the fire would not have been so totally out of control... gotta love greenies.....and where was she?..................no where in sight while the place burned out

there are three species of roo's as well...

now the drought has broken,  grass and herbage everywhere but not a hopper in sight.. have to wonder how few survived.

there was never more than a dozen of the swamp wallabies before the drought. so hope they haven't all been killed.

But this summer is going to be a rfs's nightmare..... once this stuff dries out......

Edited by asal
  • Like 1

my favourites were the Swamp Wallabies with their little striped faces and their golden dusted shoulders, butts and tails... so gentle and friendly.... they would wait until we finished lunch when we were mustering and quietly slip over to the sandwich crusts...

Which would kill them eventually with Lumpy Jaw..

12 minutes ago, cannibalgoldfish said:

my favourites were the Swamp Wallabies with their little striped faces and their golden dusted shoulders, butts and tails... so gentle and friendly.... they would wait until we finished lunch when we were mustering and quietly slip over to the sandwich crusts...

Which would kill them eventually with Lumpy Jaw..

once or twice a year, max four, your sure drawing a long bow but hey....love how fast people make assumptions,  few of them good.

so being burned alive or mown down on the roads looking for feed because the half wit greenie, didn't do zilch about wildfires and you whinge about  four sandwich crusts shared between 7 wallabies?

Edited by asal

There is a difference between unsustainable population growth caused by events outside of our control (such as weather) and the growth caused by deliberate activities, such as feeding wildlife. In the case of the roos I mentioned, they were all destroyed. None starved to death, but their deaths could have been prevented if people just kept their bread crusts to themselves.

This isn't a whinging greenies thing, this is about the health and welfare of the animals. 

Anyway, could we not turn yet another thread into RSPCA/Greenies/Animal rights bashing? Big D wanted to know if his dog might be part dingo, not about swamp wallabies on RAAF bases and how it's all the greenies' faults.

11 hours ago, Maddy said:

There is a difference between unsustainable population growth caused by events outside of our control (such as weather) and the growth caused by deliberate activities, such as feeding wildlife. In the case of the roos I mentioned, they were all destroyed. None starved to death, but their deaths could have been prevented if people just kept their bread crusts to themselves.

This isn't a whinging greenies thing, this is about the health and welfare of the animals. 

Anyway, could we not turn yet another thread into RSPCA/Greenies/Animal rights bashing? Big D wanted to know if his dog might be part dingo, not about swamp wallabies on RAAF bases and how it's all the greenies' faults.

since bigD seems to have disappeared, talking about how our govt has handed the "care" of our native area's over to uni deg know nothing greenies if our local one is any instance, instead of indigenous people who actually do know how to keep the bush safe from the red steer, compared to past management practice is fair game.

the mess the raaf base is in now is a disgrace... thanks to the wildfire all the parrot breeding trees were destroyed so four species breeding freely before are gone, all noted she didn't bother to apply for breeding boxes be introduced to replace what was lost.

The previous management of the Frazer Island dingo's meant they were not starving like they are now and if the tourists are allowed to go there and they are part of the attractions, then you cant have it both ways.

heard a  greenie story decades ago,  the one where there had been a demonstration in a forest and a greenie climbed a tree, at some stage getting back down acquired a number of splinters in an intimate area. 

Presenting at the local doctor to get them removed, to be told,  "Sorry, It is against my principles, I cant remove native timber  from a recreation area."

12 hours ago, asal said:

since bigD seems to have disappeared, talking about how our govt has handed the "care" of our native area's over to uni deg know nothing greenies if our local one is any instance, instead of indigenous people who actually do know how to keep the bush safe from the red steer, compared to past management practice is fair game.

the mess the raaf base is in now is a disgrace... thanks to the wildfire all the parrot breeding trees were destroyed so four species breeding freely before are gone, all noted she didn't bother to apply for breeding boxes be introduced to replace what was lost.

The previous management of the Frazer Island dingo's meant they were not starving like they are now and if the tourists are allowed to go there and they are part of the attractions, then you cant have it both ways.

heard a  greenie story decades ago,  the one where there had been a demonstration in a forest and a greenie climbed a tree, at some stage getting back down acquired a number of splinters in an intimate area. 

Presenting at the local doctor to get them removed, to be told,  "Sorry, It is against my principles, I cant remove native timber  from a recreation area."

Asal, my patience with you has reached an end. Not everyone wants to constantly hear about your obsession with the RSPCA. Thistle made you a thread, stop railroading completely unrelated topics.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Maddy said:

Asal, my patience with you has reached an end. Not everyone wants to constantly hear about your obsession with the RSPCA. Thistle made you a thread, stop railroading completely unrelated topics.

let you in on a little secret....

your as OT  obsessed as a food obsessed, resource guarding dog!  (some people seem to acquire the worst habits of their pets instead of and/or along with the best?)

FINE FOR you to go off topic and make a joke about Azaria

reread your last obsessive, I did NOT in any way or form give either a hint or a mention of what you just ranted about, it's  all in your little over-obsessed mind this time 

Edited by asal

On 23/12/2018 at 2:23 PM, Maddy said:

Just in case you forgot which one I referred too....

Edited by asal

Thanks but your not a doctor.

49077832_10218297805621126_4164589118438

my doc on the other hand thinks rspca inspectors tend to fit the spectrum of narcissistic sociopaths.

He sent me this to enjoy this morning....  yes I told him your diagnosis...he suggested I forward for you to enjoy too....

48424232_2011839212269646_58774432202075

Edited by asal
  • Confused 1

asal, fwiw I can’t believe we haven’t had the Dingo classified as protected yet :( the amount of dingoes shot after copping the blame for wild dog (perpetrated) attacks, the cross breeding with stray dogs alone....it’s not right as I see it. 

Especially since we’ve spent ages now hearing about how the less dingoes we have in the wild, the more foxes etc etc we have and the more resulting losses farmers incur...like, geez, do something already, pollies!

• 1 year later...

Hi

Hopefully this has worked, have a Pic of my girl and have been told she may have part dingo in her... Thoughts plz.. Not fussed either way as I love her so much just curious 

She's a rescue and we were told she's part cattle part whippet.. 

Ty