How to tell if your Dog is a Dingo?

YOLO

47 minutes ago, *just*me* said:

Hi

Hopefully this has worked, have a Pic of my girl and have been told she may have part dingo in her... Thoughts plz.. Not fussed either way as I love her so much just curious 

She's a rescue and we were told she's part cattle part whippet.. 

Ty

naaaa, it didn't work, no piccie to be seen

On 25/12/2018 at 10:55 PM, Maddy said:

There is a difference between unsustainable population growth caused by events outside of our control (such as weather) and the growth caused by deliberate activities, such as feeding wildlife. In the case of the roos I mentioned, they were all destroyed. None starved to death, but their deaths could have been prevented if people just kept their bread crusts to themselves.

This isn't a whinging greenies thing, this is about the health and welfare of the animals. 

Anyway, could we not turn yet another thread into RSPCA/Greenies/Animal rights bashing? Big D wanted to know if his dog might be part dingo, not about swamp wallabies on RAAF bases and how it's all the greenies' faults.

Hope you can find someone to show you how to put up her photo.

Good luck.

actually i realised today, I have no idea if she was a greenie.. all I know is she considered herself a tree hugger.   guilty of just using the general term instead

I like dingo's. like any canine it cannot be allowed to learn bad habits, be it a pet or wild.

they have been camp dogs for over 40,000 years remember

met a chap recently who has what he thought was a kelpie x.

has only recently learned the people who gave it too him had found her and her siblings when they wandered into their place beside the national park.

he has had some  training issues.  smart, affectionate but needs lots of work on recall, can scale a 6 foot fence as if it wasn't there has made keeping her home quite a challenge. until he solved it by building a large yard with roof for when she is not inside the house.

My uncle used to care for the dingo's at the wildlife park that was home to skippy.  think u know the one "skippy, the bush kangaroo".

Also had a neighbour who had a pet dingo, she was just as affectionate as my border collie, mastered sit heel and stay. although recall was iffy if something caught her interest.

She too could scale a fence as fast as a cat

Edited by asal

• 3 weeks later...