RSPCA in the news

Two Best Dogs!

Interesting,  explains a lot.  spotted on faceplant.

The SHG is in the UK but we get calls for help from around the world. We can not advise outside of England and Wales other than to tell people what we would suggest in this jurisdiction and refer them to those who might be able to help wherever they are. We run a mailing list for those in Australia, purely for information and for people to talk to each other. Seems to have mainly moved onto Facebook now.

It is important to watch what is happening in other jurisdictions because the AR people push where they see a weakness and if they make a legislative gain they will use it to try and get others to take it up too.

The people involved move from group to group and country to country. One of the most prolific RSPCA people in Australia moved there from the RSPCA in the UK. And took her prosecute everything attitude along with her. 

So it is important to know your enemy

Sorry if I misunderstood the original post. Sadly there have been many claims along those lines, generally put out by those who would like to see us shut down. We have to jump on them quickly because once they go viral the damage is done. Fair enough C H ?

Edited by asal
  • Like 1

You should see some of the crazy vegans that love to post nasty things about my boss's animals... who actually LOVE going out and meeting their adoring public. Wouldn't be much of a mobile petting zoo business if the animals didn't thrive on all the interactions they have... duhhh!

T.

• Like 2

Had a look at the map thingo... thank dog my work isn't on it...

They do have the other petting zoo near us though, but only the location, no photos of anything or any real info. That facility is open to the public and we aren't, so that may be why we aren't on the map... we only do mobile.

Also there are a heck of a lot of other facilities in the area that aren't on the map... which is a good thing IMHO.

T.

• Sad 1

no sound for the first minute then it starts.  appalling. The saddest part this happened to my friend in 1995 yet this video is recent, nothing has improved in all those years..........  :-(

Edited by asal

Here's another (current) one for you. This is bullshit. It is clear the dogs got like this under their owners care but apparently the RSPCA have no evidence! Do they want to just spend no money or do they want to protect all creatures great and small from being abused? Because without some kind of punishment these abusers will do this again!

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/he-s-so-ugly-he-s-cute-pup-marvin-found-malnourished-and-mutated-but-his-perth-owner-has-not-been-charged-20190123-p50t2j.html?fbclid=IwAR1BfRHNFQLWK9KVDBaeUYZYtmNgnw2194jJSCF4snMuw0jqFKr6NXWkTRc

Surely if they saw any of the dogs, it would have been relatively evident that something was amiss? RSPCA technically can enter if they suspect/ decide that an animal is being mistreated in any way. The only place they can't enter without a warrant is the dwelling itself.

So I'm calling bullsh!t on their excuse... grrr!

More likely they've figured that the owner is low income and they wouldn't make any money out of them...

T.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tdierikx said:

Surely if they saw any of the dogs, it would have been relatively evident that something was amiss? RSPCA technically can enter if they suspect/ decide that an animal is being mistreated in any way. The only place they can't enter without a warrant is the dwelling itself.

So I'm calling bullsh!t on their excuse... grrr!

More likely they've figured that the owner is low income and they wouldn't make any money out of them...

T.

I agree with you T

they move fast enough and enter and seize fast enough without anything visually wrong with the animal, including W.A.. Roxi included. surely that case has had years of airing.... they are good at tying their own hands when it suits to get enough public anger to demand greater powers and donations of course

its amazing how fast the cable ties or is it  handcuffs?   disappear when it suits them

As for the guy in the video, know nothing about him. spotted this this morning but thats exactly what they did to marion, took her horses charged her thousands for agisment, promised good homes (if she signed them over) would be found for them.  then sold them to the doggers 

Edited by asal

29 minutes ago, Snook said:

Those poor, poor dogs. It soubds like the issue here as far as the RSPCA goes though, are the shitty animal welfare laws that they have to work within? 

Having worked in statutory child protection where investigating notifications of abuse and neglect are the core business, if you attend the premises you see it through because there has to be enough concern to even raise a notification and whilst there might not be enough to intervene this visit, it starts a documented history that might end up being useful later. So to attend the premises and not even sight the dogs - well I'm calling bullshit on that. Those particular owners are allegedly known drug users or drug dealers so that also forms part of the history about their abilities to care for animals. I bet you if you looked at the property it would show signs of neglect/damage, which is also a reason to just double check and sight those 'well loved' dogs while you are there.

There was also that case on the Gold Coast last year where a person filmed a man standing behind his ute, punching the head and kicking the stomach of his staffy for being over excited (they were going to the beach). His partner had the other dog and didn't react to his beatings, which indicates to me that it was the norm. Anyway the RSPCA said that footage was not evidence of anything and they would not be following it up. The footage went viral on the internet and suddenly they decided to investigate. What a crock. Even if something doesn't end up as a prosecution that abusers details are on file for the future and those officers can inform them that treating an animal in that way is a punishable crime. That 'education' is an important part of the intervention system too.

When will they get the balance right? Go too hard on some cases and do f*** all in others? If malnourishment and medical neglect aren't grounds for doing 'something', what is?

• Like 2

The penalties are fiscal... and they are awarded to the RSPCA. So it could be followed that if the RSPCA don't think they can make that money, then prosecution isn't likely to happen...

That said, I'm 100% positive that those dogs, if seized by the RSPCA, would certainly not have been with us now... the worst one would have been destroyed virtually immediately...

T.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

spotted on faceplant..... 

other councils have been told the same thing apparrently. The writer raises some interesting points too

"Making more enemies daily ... the rspca must surely reach saturation point soon!

"MARTY HERE

Beef Central recently wrote an article regarding the RSPCA. As some may know I am a councillor on the Mackay Regional Council. A few months ago the RSPCA who assist in activities relating to our pound approached us with the ultimatum that if we did not give them $300000 they would close in one month. They had tried a similar thing in townsville. I called the Mayor of townsville and She stated that we needed to tell them where to go as townsville had done. My council however did not ring townsvlle and despite my objections agreed. The Rspca stated that they left each branch to raise their own finance. I contend that surely if they were in trouble they would have known and let us know sooner and we could have investigated more thoroughly. As it is the Qld RSPCA has a 51 million dollar income and the organisation spends a considerable sum on activism. In their efforts to halt live export they are actually threatening the livelihoods of cattle producers in our area. They recorded a profit of 1.1 million dollars last year and yet would not fund their own branch instead they ask a council to use money taken from some of the very producers they are attacking to fund them.
It make me wonder also when you look at their allies in some of the campaigns they are involved in. They have clearly lost their focus and are NOT the organisation they portray in the public. 
There is more to this organisation that meets the eye of the good hearted but terribly niave members of the public that donate to them.
Just a question. If they could not be bothered tofund the mackay branch, what was that 1.1 million dollars profit spent on ?
Ps. the salaries they pay their executives makes interesting reading."   "

https://www.beefcentral.com/news/is-it-the-rspcas-role-to-help-flood-affected-livestock/?fbclid=IwAR0RIEP0jfZvrU1szGB4fbYEuYuecQiC2t9NXKqA3GLkOJo8FtbanDEILD0

read all the way to the bottom of the page, their yearly income is staggering.

remember all the volanteers who actually do ALL the kennel and cattery work for FREE!

Edited by asal

been asked to share.........

My heart is ACHING.

Is its aching for this darling older lady in SA who currently has the rspca hovering over her horses which they think she shouldn't have 

This situation glaringly shows how the rspca prefer to focus their attention on old ladies who live alone, people who are experiencing tough times, or people who may be vulnerable.. PLUS the animals are in great condition so they don't need anything done to them and will bring a good price when they are sold.

SECONDLY. My heart is ACHING for the starving horses in my previous post, that the rspca has refused to help.

Both lots of horses are in South Australia!!

Edited by asal

• 2 weeks later...

Been asked to share, so awful.

shared a post to the group: Make the RSPCA Accountable to a 3rd Party.

22 hrs

I am reposting this as I feel that the public need to be made aware and it is in the public's interest to know. 
This appalling video that has been filmed by one of these teenage sociophaths was presented to Dr Liz Walker, CEO of RSPCA Victoria. Dr Walker refused to have inspectors investigate on the grounds that the person who submitted it had not seen it first hand. 
The video was later presented to 3AW and when Dr Walker was questioned about it, she made up one of her stories. 
RSPCA all over Australia have made negative comments about footage regarding horse racing, greyhounds and live export. This leads to several questions about why this footage can not be looked into. Is it because there is no money and T.V. cameras involved, or is it because the RSPCA Victoria inspectors do not have sufficient qualifications and training to investigate, or do they just not want to get involved.
I would like to bring to your attention that RSPCA survives on the public purse. They receive funds directly from the public in the way of donations and bequests. The other way is through state government funding to the inspectorate. In Victoria the inspectors that enforce Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (POCTAA) do so as an Authorised Officer of the Minister, in this case Jaclyn Symes is the Minister for Agriculture. 
If you find the actions on the video unpalatable followed up by the lack of duty of care for the animals involved in this video, by Dr Liz Walker CEO of RSPCA could you please forward the video to Jaclyn Symes the Minister for Agriculture and the Shadow Mininster Peter Walsh. Please make it clear that the inspectors are Authorised Officers of the Minister. You may also like to mention that the offenders can be prosecuted under two acts in Victoria , POCTAA and the Domestic Animals Act. 
Peter Walsh email: 
[email protected] 
Jaclyn Symes email: [email protected]
Daniel Andrews, Premier email:[email protected]
Your State M.P.

https://www.facebook.com/casey.pauwels/videos/2480991685248908/

https://www.facebook.com/casey.pauwels/videos/2480991688582241/?t=4

Casey Pauwels

26 February at 20:22

Sharing again as the girls that did this were able to get on the the lady’s Facebook illegally and remove it themselves. Everyone please share again so it gets media attention so they’re held accountable.

These girls were asked to leave Arkys property and behaved this way in retaliation. 
By putting their dog on to Arkys beloved silkies.
They have sent numerous texts saying they’re going to kill her dogs & kicked her toy Pomeranian who is tiny and weighs no more than 3 kg.

Hearing the laughter and delight as the girls did this is haunting

Everyone please share again.
Lillico victoria

The girls names are Holly Williams & Sarah McNair 
Their profiles are posted below at the top of the comments

This chicken died as a result of this.

NIce, first they gag the press for how long so no one knows he was convicted, and now they are still saying he is innocent until the appeal is decided?

If it had been an animal he was accused of mistreating, his life would have been public property and guilty until proven innocent.

how on earth is a childs life destroyed less?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-03/pell-case-needs-appeals-court-hearing-before-judgement-church/10865634

Edited by asal
  • Confused 1

I am comparing the FACT that any person accused of animal abuse is front page news and IS GUILTY, UNTIL, OR UNLESS proven innocent.

These peoples lives are destroyed from the moment they are accused. The hate generated and spread across all social media is immense.

I still remember the pages of opinions back and forth over the case here on Dogzonline alone, of the debarked dogs seized because their owner had shown them and their owner facing 70 years in jail.. all over one of the most stupid laws the rspca ever had passed in Victorian parliament. Which I believe is still law.  

The heart break and stress she suffered when every one was taken and shoved into the rspca's disgusting cells along with dogs carrying or suffering from goodness knows what ailments. 

All because she had them debarked because her neighbour was suffering cancer and had them done by her vet who was in nsw,

At the time the RSPCA said she broke the law, our hands are tied, we must prosecute.. Fortunately the Magistrate didn't consider his hands were tied and dismissed the case and they were finally returned.  She was lucky, today they just sell or euthanise them before it ever gets to court now. Think it took 11 weeks before she received them back.

The real insanity is any one from another state can show at the same shows in Victoria with debarked dogs and its not an offence?

It has taken the two principles of the Murray Grey cattle Stud over ten years to prove their innocence and tens of millions to do so?  they have won the case but at what cost? The RSPCA alone admit to 17 million fighting their side, to this day they have not paid a cent of the 1.4 milllion compensation awarded.

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/images/stories/committees/SCEI/RSPCA/Submissions/Submission_43-JA_Heath_Inland_Holdings.pdf

The emotional stress both suffered at the hands of the press constantly publishing the RSPCA's versions of their crimes from the first day of seizure (in the case of the cattle slaughter of over 100 stud cows, calves and bulls, along with the undisclosed sale of around the same number) does not happen to anyone accused of a crime against humanity, not even defenceless children.

As Professor Sumner Miller used to ask, "Why is this so?

Yet as Leon Mills points out this is a crime not serious at law? It is heard by a magistrate and not a judge and jury.

What Pell did is  certainly a crime serious at law. He got the full Judge and jury trial, yet everything pertaining to the case and after, even now after conviction he is being said to be innocent until after the appeal.   this is just so wrong on so many counts.

How is it fine to character assassinate one group of people publicly, when accused of a crime,  yet not the other group?

Why no innocent UNTIL for one.  Yet not the other?

MANY are innocent, in that first group, but you would never know it.

A percentage die from either the stress or take their own lives, same as the children destroyed by the paedophiles, sadly, so terribly tragically, their percentage is well documented, 7 out of ten kill themselves before 30. That's why so few were present to state their own case at the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. Their heartbroken families had to do the representing for them

But no one or the press never mention the percentages for the members of the first group.

Accused animal abusers are automatically seen and treated as scum

and it never washes off , as those innocent of the accusations, have learned first hand.

Yet the accusers, have, time and time again proven themselves incompetent, they even show proof of it on their TV programs and so stupid, neither they nor their editors dont even realise that?

Yet, what are the figures for the 30% whose lives were shattered yet fought to hang in there and survive? The figures are also available, the majority have pets to help them, except then their pets put them in danger of attracting the attention of another group completely free of accountability, or avenue of appeal if they decide to target them?

I was at my son's funeral last week (no he died of natural causes in case your wondering).  One of the people there showed me the photo of a class in Ballarat.(He  grew up there)  the children were at a  school associated with Pell's church. 13 of those children killed themselves before becoming adults.

According to the statistics, there are approximately 150,000 Australian survivors of paedophiles across all ages doing their best to survive. 

The other 1,050,000 are being mourned by their families.

Staggering isn't it.

Edited by asal

On 3/3/2019 at 11:29 AM, asal said:

Been asked to share, so awful.

shared a post to the group: Make the RSPCA Accountable to a 3rd Party.

22 hrs

I am reposting this as I feel that the public need to be made aware and it is in the public's interest to know. 
This appalling video that has been filmed by one of these teenage sociophaths was presented to Dr Liz Walker, CEO of RSPCA Victoria. Dr Walker refused to have inspectors investigate on the grounds that the person who submitted it had not seen it first hand. 
The video was later presented to 3AW and when Dr Walker was questioned about it, she made up one of her stories. 
RSPCA all over Australia have made negative comments about footage regarding horse racing, greyhounds and live export. This leads to several questions about why this footage can not be looked into. Is it because there is no money and T.V. cameras involved, or is it because the RSPCA Victoria inspectors do not have sufficient qualifications and training to investigate, or do they just not want to get involved.
I would like to bring to your attention that RSPCA survives on the public purse. They receive funds directly from the public in the way of donations and bequests. The other way is through state government funding to the inspectorate. In Victoria the inspectors that enforce Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (POCTAA) do so as an Authorised Officer of the Minister, in this case Jaclyn Symes is the Minister for Agriculture. 
If you find the actions on the video unpalatable followed up by the lack of duty of care for the animals involved in this video, by Dr Liz Walker CEO of RSPCA could you please forward the video to Jaclyn Symes the Minister for Agriculture and the Shadow Mininster Peter Walsh. Please make it clear that the inspectors are Authorised Officers of the Minister. You may also like to mention that the offenders can be prosecuted under two acts in Victoria , POCTAA and the Domestic Animals Act. 
Peter Walsh email: 
[email protected] 
Jaclyn Symes email: [email protected]
Daniel Andrews, Premier email:[email protected]
Your State M.P.

Casey Pauwels

26 February at 20:22

Sharing again as the girls that did this were able to get on the the lady’s Facebook illegally and remove it themselves. Everyone please share again so it gets media attention so they’re held accountable.

These girls were asked to leave Arkys property and behaved this way in retaliation. 
By putting their dog on to Arkys beloved silkies.
They have sent numerous texts saying they’re going to kill her dogs & kicked her toy Pomeranian who is tiny and weighs no more than 3 kg.

Hearing the laughter and delight as the girls did this is haunting

Everyone please share again.
Lillico victoria

The girls names are Holly Williams & Sarah McNair 
Their profiles are posted below at the top of the comments

This chicken died as a result of this.

Whilst what the girls did was disgusting, cruel and yes, they should be held accountable...(plus there has to be more to it.  Why were they at the property, did she know them?  How did they get onto her Facebook page illegally?)

Plus the comments on that persons FB (Casey Pawels you linked with the vid) are vile and disgusting, threatening to bash/kill/kick their heads in.  I don't know why this was even shared, it had been reported to the police, one got a caution (apparently) and the other has a court date set. 

But to post their names, profile pics and the video to FB (the toilet of the internet) is just shameful, it will no doubt affect the court case, and apart from that, any person who is already unstable or violent could do dreadful things to those girls..and no, I'm not defending them at all, but to basically offer them up to FB vigilantes does more harm than good. 
One of the comments and this by a woman

I will get my dog to rip their throats out. Who ever puts angry and laughing emojis on these comments and posts must be close to the c#nts that did this.

Shame on everyone involved.

Could you please take down the link @asal?

Edited by Animal House
  • Like 1

the threats were what the girls who filmed the video made to the woman who owned the chook they set their dog onto.

do you have a problem understanding what was written?

its ok to slander someone accused of animal cruelty, I have seen it done here and on social media for decades now.  nice to see someone does think it belongs in the court, same as I do.