RSPCA at it Again...

Breavy

This is first hand information, without names and details for now ..

The Mongrel mob recently had selectively stolen few Pure bred Border Collies from a large breeder in SA. Colors - chocolate merle, blue merle.. Reason for the theft - "psychologically damaged".

I seen the facility and the other dogs - nothing like that, clean looked after dogs, in very good condition, all impressive set up complying with every standard there is...There are many different opinions about dog breeding in a large scale, but this is not the topic now.. Point is ALL dogs were well looked after,fed,watered, etc...necessary activities.

Now, the RSPCA wants to put the dogs down - reason - "Psychologically damaged" Unsolvable ..and other bunch of words they use. All young, one is 10 months old pup, couple are pregnant..

This is not about the person/breeder. Is about the Gorgeous,Healthy dogs which will be Killed by this organization of animal thieves and abusers, based on Lies and invention of reasons.

I can not sleep or think straight, What can we do, people, something have to be done to stop those killers of good animals ..

someone came up with rather a brilliant idea the other night.

DO not own your animal...... any of your animals..

Register it in someone else's name and look after it for them....

remember the only bull terriers that were returned belonged to people who did not live there, that had been left for matings...............................

this is now our brave new world to negotiate best you can   

Edited by asal
  • Like 1

SADLY.    I recall the lady who had all her cattledog's taken , Victoria I think it was,  was also looking after a friends kelpie bitch and her puppies.... 

I'm pretty sure both the kelpie and all her puppers were not returned and were all desexed...

so depend's on  in which state?  perhaps?

I still remember the Victorian lady who rehomed one of her Lhasa Apso's

Characteristics:

Gay, assertive, but chary of strangers

... an Australian Champion.... so well used to being handled by strangers.

its new owners took it to their local vet who was linked to the rspca...'

the dog made the fatal mistake of adhering to its breed standard.... no problems in its new home or people.... let the vet know it didnt like the vet....

vet talked them into putting it down.

A significant number of breeds are "suspicious of Strangers".......

many even note it in the standard....

so?  better get cracking and breed that out.

seems its OK to have a palette so long half needs to be cut out, nose to be cut so air can get in,

so the dog can actually breathe as was seen this week for the french bulldog in Vet On The Hill... so he could play without needing to be carried home or risk suffocation?

lots needs to be changed but how fast that can happen is moot!

Edited by asal

Apparently some of the girls had puppies there too...

The best option is to fight those mongrels with court applications from the day one, not to sit and wait to be ruined by them.. But is so hard to explain this to people who are hurting so badly in the first months...

On 22/12/2018 at 3:33 PM, asal said:

I still remember the Victorian lady who rehomed one of her Lhasa Apso's

Characteristics:

Gay, assertive, but chary of strangers

... an Australian Champion.... so well used to being handled by strangers.

its new owners took it to their local vet who was linked to the rspca...'

the dog made the fatal mistake of adhering to its breed standard.... no problems in its new home or people.... let the vet know it didnt like the vet....

vet talked them into putting it down.

A significant number of breeds are "suspicious of Strangers".......

many even note it in the standard....

so?  better get cracking and breed that out.

seems its OK to have a palette so long half needs to be cut out, nose to be cut so air can get in,

so the dog can actually breathe as was seen this week for the french bulldog in Vet On The Hill... so he could play without needing to be carried home or risk suffocation?

lots needs to be changed but how fast that can happen is moot!

I remember a few years back watching a program on ABC I think about the RSPCA and they were showing how they tested suitability to be adopted out. They held a doll that was supposed to represent a child, and bounced it towards the dog and if the dog backed away it was deemed dangerous and to be put down. Their reasoning was backing away meant that the dog would be a fear biter. 

I know if my dogs ( Shelties) were ever in that position they would be put down because shock horror they fit their breed standard of  " wary with strangers".

I couldn't believe this and it gave me an idea of how many healthy dogs with no fault get put down in these organisations. It is frightening.

I have a copy of the RSPCA "temperament test"... and can safely say that I've never owned a dog that would pass it. The test seems designed so that dogs will fail it... and then RSPCA are "justified" in killing said dog... *sigh*

And I've had many dogs that were perfectly fine canine citizens, fully capable of being around children and small animals, and well behaved in public places.

T.

• Like 1

some  suspect now that the Crime and Corruption Commission seems to be corrupt too? 

"

Last week, the Minister told the journo John Flint (but not Adele), who has followed this case from the beginning .. "if Ms Culverwell was to return to court to have her conviction overturned, we will return the dog to her". The Minister said this knowing full well that 4 years of fighting this gross injustice has stripped Adele of every assett she has, she doesn't even have a car now.
This statement from the new (Labor) Minister comes after Adele was told 12 months ago by DAFWA that they would a) get Roxy back and return her to Adele, b) overturn her conviction, c) organize some compensation for her. None of these things happened and Roxy was sent to SA by Inspector in defiance of a Court Order.
A secret deal was struck between the rspca and the Minister resulting in the rspca's pro bono lawyer applying to the Solicitor General for "a waiver for Swift's behaviour". Documents obtained through FOI show that the Minister asked for this to be kept confidential to avoid further action from Ms Culverwell.
So approximately 6 months ago, a *waiver* was granted to Inspector Swift for her illegal behaviour ie defying a Court Order, and the Minister closed the file. Adele was never advised of this and only found out about it through FOI.
This case has now been submitted to, and accepted by the Crime and Corruption Commission.     "

"    Update : after months of work by Adele preparing documents the case was rejected by the Crime and Corruption Commission.   "

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/the-battle-for-roxy-years-of-warring-over-dogs-fate-ng-bec2777e65779af8814dc0cf79d3aec0

Edited by asal

interesting statistics

48926255_10155634522580216_1026790018909

comments attached to it.

"They have the audacity to say cruelty is such a big problem. These are the national figures, remembering that possibly a third to a half of these are vexatious prosecutions. 
I'm beginning to understand why they do vexatious prosecutions, with 100 Inspectors throughout Australia that's only 3 prosecutions per Inspector per year. Pretty indicative that cruelty is not the enormous problem they make it out to be and explains why they are always trying to push those prosecution statistics up - to justify their existence."

" Succinctly put . Also, if u take their state figures on 'complaints' seriously, they'd have u believing that the inspectors were following up anywhere from 3-8 complaints per day (365 days) on top of their already allegedly busy 'workload'. That might explain why they're somehow always too busy to deal with starving horses all over the country."

More likely indicative of the number of complaints actually investigated... getting them to attend a complaint is near on impossible, unless it's likely to be an easy target IMHO.

My work's most recent contact with the RSPCA was when they turned up at a job saying that they'd had a complaint a month earlier about us using dirty carriers to transport our animals... funnily enough this coincided with a staff member leaving under circumstances not of her own choosing... and the RSPCA inspectors found that our carriers were perfectly clean and of the correct sizes for all animals being transported... *sigh*

I wonder how many real cruelty/neglect cases weren't followed up on in order to try to find something on us?

T.

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, Breavy said:

Apparently some of the girls had puppies there too...

The best option is to fight those mongrels with court applications from the day one, not to sit and wait to be ruined by them.. But is so hard to explain this to people who are hurting so badly in the first months...

Maybe you can organise the financial backing needed to fight.  

• Like 1

Incredible

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/opinion/lack-of-representation-deters-rspca-members/news-story/e1dce546ae51a3649687aef19291df8c?fbclid=IwAR0-D51-kthj4WcEuIO_bSiz9D_L_KH760v-LUPHgQ6xw5yiYTdqmYEFiQo

surely the 157 can at least vote at the agm and change who is voted onto the  board  with real people representing real animals instead of themselves? n peta?

wonder how many members, rspca nsw and the other states actually have?

I know in 2000 a lady I knew was a member received a letter from a member of the then board begging her to get her family and friends to join and vote at eh upcoming agm to maintain the present board as the membership was believed to being actively stacked by peta supporters.  considering attitude and policies in place now the stacking looks to have been successful. if pet owners really want real representation they better get off their butts and join and vote in pet owners and breeders instead of peta reps. I think it would take three agm's at least to clean out the present lot as only a percentage step down per year i believe. which is the norm in most societies.

wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't brought in the members cant even vote for who sits on the board by now, I know one the clauses is they can refuse or cancel your membership with no explanation;   I remember when the Telegraph ran a story naming the new chairman of Dogs NSW and  the new committee.... he had been a member of the rspca for a decade or more and on many committees.... he received his notification of cancellation of his membership that week and refund cheque, ditto for another member of the board also.

so now they advise government about laws that affect owners and breeders and I suspect none of them even have a pet let alone breed?

Did you know they have in the POCTA that you MUST weigh and write down weekly a litters weights?  my vets totally cracked up, why? Because as they said if your so stupid you have to wait for the weekly weigh in to ascertain if a pups not thriving it will probably be dead anyway before that.... but folks the laws the law even if its stupid! written by stupidity obviously.

Why do I think my vets comments are very relevant?  

Because. He was RSPCA Victoria's head vet before Hugh Worth.  When Stringy was stolen he rang every day to demand his return that nothing was wrong with him, but they chose to ignore him. When he was finally returned 13 days later and I took him straight to Richard, he was suffering pneumonia and so dehydrated he needed to go on a drip, he examined the itemised bill they had given me and he said Stringy had suffered a minimum of 21 needle insertions, torn trachea, been vaccinated despite the fact the only only been given his booster shot 4 weeks before was taken, wormed and flea treated two days before he was taken, yet he was wormed and flea treated as well,  the double dosages could have killed him and he wanted me to sue them for aggravated cruelty, when I said we haven't a hope, his reply was I have never lost a case when I was their head vet.

From what I had seen when Marion at been in court the magistrate believed every word they said and nothing Marion said, so i figured as a now private practicing vet they would take no notice of Richard, just as had happened when he demanded his return so didn't go ahead, something he still hasn't forgiven me for.

Edited by asal

o my gosh

6 is priceless,,, they spent 7 million fighting the owners of the Stud Murray grey cattle and lost.... still haven't paid the damages awarded which would be a fraction of what they are still fighting it on appeal or maybe its been lost too now?   but either way still haven't paid a cent of the damages awarded.

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/images/stories/committees/SCEI/RSPCA/Submissions/Submission_69-Dr_Stephen_Tate.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1ApZ0UBl-k_Yqq0tYS_qWfCh_1LRp47joWc4dCyK5PDJUBkBPs8ViXxkQ

Ummm... has anyone seen the latest RSPCA Approved ads doing the rounds? Watch closely to the ones with piglets in them... I can see ringworm lesions on a few piggies... lol!

Not that ringworm in pigs is anything out of the ordinary, but if you are "visited" by the RSPCA and you have a pig(let) with ringworm, it will be siezed...

T.