Using Baby Nappies on Dogs..anyone tried it??

sheena

Yes I have. I had a very old stafford girl who was incontinent from both ends. I bought nappies as per weight (she was 21kg so I bought from memory up to 25kg) and cut a cross for her tail at a spot a bit less than half the nappy. I found the cross much easier to get her tail through than a hole and would just fold the nappy in half and it was a quick two cut process. You put the nappy on so the tabs go across their back, not across their belly like a human baby. When she went to the toilet the nappy would sag straight off her body and I'd change it (she was mobile so never toileted lying down but dementia meant she would toilet wherever she was standing). Due to the sagging and immediate changing we never had any skin irritation and didn't even need to clean her up between toileting either - it just all dropped down away from her body (even poo).

Edited by Little Gifts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Gifts said:

Yes I have. I had a very old stafford girl who was incontinent from both ends. I bought nappies as per weight (she was 21kg so I bought from memory up to 25kg) and cut a cross for her tail at a spot a bit less than half the nappy. I found the cross much easier to get her tail through than a hole and would just fold the nappy in half and it was a quick two cut process. You put the nappy on so the tabs go across their back, not across their belly like a human baby. When she went to the toilet the nappy would sag straight off her body and I'd change it (she was mobile so never toileted lying down but dementia meant she would toilet wherever she was standing). Due to the sagging and immediate changing we never had any skin irritation and didn't even need to clean her up between toileting either - it just all dropped down away from her body (even poo).

Thanks...I was wondering what size to get, so that is interesting.  I will get some & give them a try.  She only needs it on while in the house, especially when sleeping