Corded poodle

IsabellaSummers

As far as I’m aware, the poodle can be shown corded or brushed out in any ANKC dog show. As long as it is trimmed into the appropriate choice of styles for the rules of showing,  it doesn’t matter whether it’s brushed out or corded. There doesn’t need to be a special class for corded poodles, separate from brushed out ones, as it’s not actually a different coat type ( like where there’s separate classes for the wire coat & smooth coat Fox Terrier). A corded poodle has exactly the same coat type as any Poodle, the only difference being is one is brushed, the other not

• Like 1

Re reading your post, I think you are saying you are in Europe? I’m not certain, but I don’t see why a corded Poodle should not be allowed to compete as a Poodle in any poodle class, as like I explained, it’s the same breed, one brushed, the other not. 

I dont know if Europe has alternative registries like in the USA, where they have the UKC where rules are rather different from their AKC. 

This is from the official standard the we use in Australia. Reading it properly, as long as your dog can be assessed as having the right abundance and texture of coat, there really are no hard and fast rules on the trim, or brushed out v corded. They are all eligible in Poodle classes. 

Where it all falls apart is what has become the norm, what’s expected, etc. There’s  technically nothing in our standard stopping anyone from showing a corded poodle in a HCC trim, if they want to, but it better be some sort of amazing example of a Poodle to get a good look in a line up of brushed out scissor sculpted dogs with 3 foot tie ups! Sad, but true. 

0A8960FF-9C15-4F13-B6C7-3B20BD893D57.png

DCB3D38B-8B47-4693-B15C-658A9E387ABD.png

Disclaimer .. I know nothing about poodles or showing them.  I'd be asking Dogs NSW when they open again probably in January.  Maybe chasing up a Poodle Club and asking.    And if thye can be shown, then maybe choosing shows with European judges, who presumably will be more used to seeing corded poodles in the ring.

• Like 1