Snook

Dog rocks and dog not drinking water

27 posts in this topic

Guest crazydoglady99   
Guest crazydoglady99

Awwww so handsom!! :love::love:

Snook   
19 minutes ago, Papillon Kisses said:

This may or may not be practical, but if you’re visiting and know when he has pee’d try hosing or tipping a jug of water on the spot to dilute it.

We were there on Friday night and when they were ready to flop down in front of the air con after a little while, we went out and hosed down the whole backyard (it's not a huge area so easy to do it all in a few minutes). We'll just keep doing that when we visit. 

• Like 3

Snook   
22 minutes ago, crazydoglady99 said:

Awwww so handsom!! :love::love:

I think so but I'm very biased ;-) 

Tassie   

Naaww!  So  nice to see the lad again.  Looking good.

On Big Dog .. Out of interest I weighed Rory today .. so 3 weeks changeover to Big Dog raw.  He's put on weight, even though I was feeding less than the reommendations.   So I'll have to cut it down a bit more … poor lad.   His coat's looking even nicer though

Snook   
26 minutes ago, Tassie said:

Naaww!  So  nice to see the lad again.  Looking good.

On Big Dog .. Out of interest I weighed Rory today .. so 3 weeks changeover to Big Dog raw.  He's put on weight, even though I was feeding less than the reommendations.   So I'll have to cut it down a bit more … poor lad.   His coat's looking even nicer though

It's great that he's doing so well on it and his coat is looking good, although I'm sure he will feel much like Justice when it comes to cutting back on the food. That's something I'll have to watch with Justice and how easily he gains weight, especially with exercise being limited over summer, between his anxiety and the heat. I probably should have weighed him before I started him on it. If we can get a cooler day I'll pop in to the vet with him and put him on the scales. I'm dreadful at judging small losses or gains just by sight or feel and only pick up on it once it's really noticeable. 

• Like 1

Tassie   

I tend to weigh mine if we're going to the vet for anything .. or if we're going past and the waiting room is empty.  I also use the scales in our local Petbarn .. which seem pretty accurate or at least comparable with the vets;.  He's been 20.8 for a while now .. and up to 21.6 today .. not dreadful, and used to be a good weight for him, but he's that bit older now and it's our agility season break, so not as much exercise.  I can always bulk the meal out with processed grated veggies.

Snook   

Thankfully we haven't needed the vet since Justice had to have a tooth pulled last year. He can't see other dogs without panicking these days so pet stores are out but I tend to stop by the vet to weigh him in the middle of the day, when they're closed for appointments while they do the surgeries for the day, and just double check by calling from the car park to make sure no one else is in there with a dog doing the same thing. 

That weight increase isn't a disaster by any means but yeah, I totally get needing to stay on top of it and keep their weight in check, especially being older and not burning it off as easily as when younger or more active. 

• Like 1