A new girl at Myrtle Street: update 13 months on

Sooty has "gotten to" me more than most of the other most fortunate oldies , for some reason ..maybe  he lack of sight added to everything else ? Whatever ... each time a new comment pops up I am hoping it's more good news  :love: 
LMO .. Y'know, in the distant future, as you cross'that" rainbow ... you'll need security guards , cos there will be SO many  wagging tails & lolling tongues awaiting you  :)

• Like 1

Nah, @persephone, although it is very sweet of you to say so.   I am but a bit player in the scheme of things.  Sure there have been a few little doggies over the years, but think of those who have been rescuing and rehoming for years, dealing with the pounds, the ghastly puppy mills, owners who expect someone to take their dog at a moment’s notice because they want to go on holidays, etc etc.  

I’m glad you feel that way about Sooty;  she is remarkable and even the rescuer, who has been around the rescue traps for a long time so has seen more than her share of “cases”, wondered whether we had got her in time.  I know for the first few days, I was almost too concerned and worried to go to bed !!  

As for new comments - I am sure they will all be positive from now on.   The vet was pretty impressed with her on Friday.   I just hope the news will be as good about me, because, come meal times, Sooty is a real danger to me :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   She keeps her nose on my legs to make sure I don’t get away before the bowl goes down.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sooty weighed in at 3.53kg yesterday.  So thrilled.  I would guess another 800gm would do it and vet seems to agree as he thinks her ideal weight would be “low fours”.  I’ve had to loosen her little collar, so the weight is now starting to be evenly distributed and I no longer get a shock when I feel her hip bones.  We even went for a tiny little walk the other day when it was a bit cooler.  She seemed to enjoy it.   I certainly did: to see her sniffing and walking steadily with confidence was just wonderful.   

I have some lovely photos for you @persephone but they won’t transfer from my phone to the computer  :mad :mad.  It should happen automatically, but iCloud seems to be refusing to help !!

• Like 5

Finally !!!   Photos have transferred from phone to computer so I can Flickr them:

46405769104_3170509a74_n.jpgfullsizeoutput_a7e by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

32187263157_09d161166b_n.jpgfullsizeoutput_a7d by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

46405769514_411df4ae46_n.jpgIMG_0994 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

33253917878_f863339b57_n.jpgIMG_0993 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

33253917128_5dc29c70da_n.jpgfullsizeoutput_a7f by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

She sure is, LG.  Strangely though, since those first couple of times, she will not go up or down the stairs :confused:.  I even bought a roast chicken to try to tempt her up, but even that failed and she LOVES her food.  I’ll try again later this evening.  Back yard gets north/west sun and is very very hot.  

:heart:@Loving my Oldies   Silly me has missed this whole  Journey for this sweet little girl,  until you mentioned it in your other thread  :o      I somehow thought this was about BOOK discussion!                      I can see I'll have to check everything you write from now on.   :laugh:      What a fabulous  kindness you have for these older dogs,  they are so lucky you find them  :party:                                                 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2019 at 11:02 AM, PANDI-GIRL said:

I somehow thought this was about BOOK discussion! 

"A New Girl at Myrtle Street" 
by LMO 

Synopsis: A sweet older lady, neglected by family , emaciated and  blinded, finds her way to Myrtle street . 
At an address in this street she meets up with other older members of her species  who live in a group home  for select individuals .
She is warmly welcomed , and finds help and support to rest and recover from her ordeals . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

And the saga continues  . . . . 

“As the day dawned beautifully cool and overcast, Sooty decided that LMO has spent more than enough time in bed.  She knew that if she moved out of her bed, Simba (another rather rambunctious foster youngster in the home of the Myrtle Street Moochers) would start his growling advice to LMO that another dog was daring to move around his patch and she needed to get her act into gear.  Ever obedient to the demands of the “select individuals", LMO leapt to attention and carried Queen Sooty downstairs so she could attend to her morning ablutions.   

“LMO tottered groggily back upstairs to attend to her own needs [TMI dear readers ??] and then went back to gather up the little black and curly one to go back to bed.  This is a new development: as Queen Sooty no longer needs to be fed several times a day and LMO loves her bed as much as any old dog, after the early toilet all the tribe settles down again for a few more ZZZZZZs.  (It should be added here, that the permanent members of the tribe have not even raised their heads.)

“This morning, however, being blessedly cool and the bed was so comfortable, LMO overdid it by going out like the proverbial light.  A brief hour later, she was brought back to reality by Queen Sooty’s whimpering demands that her needs were paramount.”   

To be continued.    

For gods sake, get me a coffee someone !!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5