Corneal Ulcer

Guest crazydoglady99

Nice and pink... good blood supply... looking pretty good methinks...

I reckon he's more worried about the fur and eyelash shaving than the actual eye surgery... that is probably as itchy as all getout as it's growing back... poor little moppet!

I see that there is still cloudiness behind the red... hoping that clears well now.

Trubs has enlisted Pickles and Harper in sending all their best get well woo-woos so that little man feels better soon.

T.

• Like 3

Guest crazydoglady99

Definitely more upset about the cone and inability to itch!!!

Not upset about having his medicine hidden in lamb sausages though :laugh:

Nice & pink today. Yes still cloudy and also has the trauma/blood ring, gonna be a slow process me thinks. I can see a tiny bit (1-2mm) of a stitch poking outwards, I bet that's as irritating as anything on his eyelid.

Aww thanks Trubs, Pickles & Harper :walkdog:  them get well woo-woos are the best!! :thanks:

Thank you for the well wishes beautiful dolers. We are grateful :thanks:

Guest crazydoglady99

Vet check today, and Vet is sooo happy! One more check end of week, then we get to ditch the cone and wait for it to heal. (Next check won't be for 4 weeks!)

Seriously- how lucky is this dog! I am so thrilled, and hoping all continues to heal perfectly.

Thank you all for the well wishes :thanks: and the woo-woos :walkdog:

Guest crazydoglady99

Hey Snook :wave:

He's great. He can see a tiny bit around the top of his eye, so that makes him very happy! He has his cone off and is happily licking his groin (boys!) and annoying everyone with his requests to play with his tennis ball (even if it takes him half an hour to find it!) :rofl: he wasted no time pulling clothes out of the washing basket to hide is tennis ball in (his other fav game). Funny little dude he is :rofl:

He is going to have to have a bath soon, even if I don't wash his face. He's getting very stinky! :scared:

Thanks for checking in, please give Justice and big smooshy kiss from us :walkdog:

Go Teddy!!! Trubs sent you her most powerful get well woo-woos all the way until she grew wings... and Pickles and Harper have taken up the woo-woo duties in earnest now...

Give the little superstar hugs and kisses from his Aunty T and tell him how awesome she says he is for doing so well...

T.

• Like 1

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh Hi Aunty T :wave:

Thanks for the woo-woos Pickles & Harper :walkdog:

Teddy is good. Actually he is driving me NUTS with his 24/7 ball throwing requests!!

He still can only see a teeny tiny bit -so he's a bit of a hazard, and requires constant supervision, to be expected. He's back to toileting inside when it suits him (get those fluffy paws wet-I think not!), little bugger!

I'll add a pic of his eye, just for you! (I haven't bathed him yet, I'm holding out as long as I can :scared:)

Thanks for thinking of us! :thanks:

I was thinking of you just yesterday.

Resized_20190128_124445.jpeg

Edited by crazydoglady99

Guest crazydoglady99

Yes definitely!! Feeling much less stressed :) and he is too, amazing how much difference just a tiny bit of vision makes (and minus the cone of shame). Lucky boy! 

The only way I could get a decent pic.. play 'tug-of-war' with his tennis ball :laugh:

Am waiting on a new #5 clipper blade.. so his reprieve from baths/clips will soon expire :laugh: 

Thanks for all the well wishes :thanks:

(We feel very special)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crazydoglady99

Oh hi Aunty T :wave:,

He is good. His eye has been gunky a few mornings, so we have just finished another course of Doxycycline. I don't think there's any infection brewing, I actually think with all his ball craziness he is getting fluff and dirt in his eye :shrug: and that's the cause.

He seems to be able to see a bit better (hasn't walked into anything for at least a week!). 

He is his usual happy, ball crazy, food stealing self! :laugh:

I'll take a pic when he is finished eating his bone :)

Thanks for checking in, we been thinking of you too :thanks: