Corneal Ulcer

Guest crazydoglady99

• 4 weeks later...
Guest crazydoglady99

Hahahahahaha ooh T :walkdog:

I can certainly oblige -I had to take my other boof head to the vet for a script last week, so I took a pic of his eye to show the vet (will attach that pic, it only took me 4000 attempts to get a clear one :laugh:).

I'll take a nice pic of him this week when I get a moment to give him a little trim & bath. The daddy has been overseas for a couple of weeks for work, and it's been an exhausting time for me with  my feral children :banghead: so the little monkey man is due for his least favourite thing.

His eye sight is ok, certainly not back to pre-ulcer, but enough that he is happy. He's not super keen to go walkies though, past the end of our street (maybe 100 metres) is too much and he'd like to go home thanks. He's a bit disoriented by it all.

What is most interesting.. Pre-ulcer his eye would be weepy, that under eye area usually wet and brown stained. But so far, no weeping, no brown stains :shrug: 

Resized_20190303_213127.jpeg

Edited by crazydoglady99

Guest crazydoglady99

I think so Snook, they say it will always be cloudy -like looking through frosted glass. I think once the rest of that blood vessel sort of "becomes" the cornea rather than just being stitched over. He's not a super confident dog so any variations to a 'normal day' he is unsettled . I don't know the exact conditions of his previous life, only that he'd probably never left his house/yard, and it wasn't the best care. I think if I wasn't in tune with subtle dog body language cues, I'd probably not notice. He's a stoic little thing, he doesn't give much away.

As I was uploading the pic, I saw one of the first pics whoa.. I forgot how big and red those first weeks were. 

Thanks for all the well wishes -people in real life don't even send him well wishes! Makes us feel special :walkdog:

I just tried to take a pic of him, he's too busy trying to find his tennis ball :laugh:

So here is a pic of Ella being beautiful :heart:

Resized_20190311_204212.jpeg

How good is it looking now... wow!! Go Teddy, you little trooper!

As for walkies... if he doesn't want to do it, maybe just playing ball with him should be enough to get his exercise requirements, yes?

Pickles and Harper are still sending him their best get well faster woo-woos...

Ella is stunning! What a pretty girl. I love those gorgeous eyes...

T.

• Like 1

Guest crazydoglady99

Aww thanks Pickles & Harper! How are they going without the beautiful golden girl?

Yes I agree T, for the most part lots of tennis ball throwing, boxes to chew up to get food, snuffle mats, bones etc are plenty for him. I think the chaos that comes with us having 3 kids too, he really enjoys the goings on of whatever they are up to -and there's always someone cuddle with.

Sometimes though, if I have no one to stay home with him, and the others are going crazy without their daily outings (this is usually only when the daddy is away for work), I just have to take him out walkies (he panics and toilets everywhere if left alone), and he hates the car (hates hates hates the car!). 

He really is a funny little guy.

I actually think he would love a smaller calm, confident doggy companion as his 'security blanket'. He absolutely takes lead from the other 2 boof heads, they just have much higher exercise requirements!! 

Thank you, she's our special girl :heart: she turns 7 this year :party: 

Pickles has decided that Zeddy's old bed is hers... I think she misses Zeddy more than she misses Trubs... and Zeddy passed nearly 4 years ago! She's adjusted well to not having Trubs around though... especially as she can now have prime position

Harper never ran with Trubs, so she doesn't miss a thing... lol! She's a bitch...

I really love the expression on Ella's face... wise beyond her years methinks... and soooo pretty!

T.

Guest crazydoglady99

Bitches :rofl: :rofl:

That's Ella's "what? I'm just chillin over here" expression. Funny girl. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's a human :rofl: 

She came from the pound here, she was in an adjoining pen to a dog  I was collecting to temp care for 2 weeks. As soon as I looked into her eyes I just had to have her.

Guest crazydoglady99

Yeah I think she's a Kelpie/Labrador/Stafford blend.

She was in the pound with her sister, but her sister had a sable mask and some darker fur along her back. 

Guest crazydoglady99

For you Aunty T

He hasn't had his bath or trim yet, so he's a bit scruffy & grubby! But he stayed still long enough for a pic!

Resized_20190314_120249.jpeg

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, kathannshea said:

My "Teddy Bear" is going through this right now.  Would love to know how your faired six months/year later?

I suggest you start a new thread as this one is old and the original poster appears to have left