North Chihuahuas

Red Fox

Yeah I’d run a mile based on the ‘teacup’ reference. Ask them to familiarise themselves with the Chihuahua breed standard. All Chihuahuas should fall within the size parameters outlines in that breed standard. Teacup is not a legitimate term in any breed of dog, and you will definitely ot find it within the Chihuahua breed standard. A reference to teacup just means undersized, or smaller than correct for the breed. As Chihuahua are already very small, undersized specimens will possibly face greater challenges to their health and may be less likely to be healthy long lived anaimals. Please ask your friend to find a breeder who breeds Chihuahua to breed standard size. Undersize specimens absolutely may occur in the litters of breeders who breed to standard, but they will inform potential buyers of the situation and will never refer to undersize puppies as teacup. 

• Like 3

Yes, no such thing as a teacup chihuahua.

and no such thing as a merle chihuahua.  no way they are purebreds registered with any ankc registry..  the contract is reasonable. but on the about us page it says chihuahua's are "non-shedders, and hypoallergenic. "  you have to be kidding!    All chihuahua's drop coat.

http://ankc.org.au/Breed/Detail/20

Edited by asal
  • Like 1

I am not providing any link or anything ..

The terrible spelling and grammar would  alert me to  something  very wrong with this listing .

Ok..THAT site seems to be a US one  .. note :  

socialization begins early for Salem's Finest Chihuahuas

Edited by persephone

Probably not the worst, but I would say not the best .. and although he talks about acquiring foundation stock from an ANKC breeder who was retiring, there is not mention of ANKC registration, and the Teacup thing would be a red flag for me.  (Check the warning about Teacups on the DOL breeders page).

Another red flag for me would be that the website is pretty much all marketing .. a little personal information, but no pictures/details about parents of the pups on offer.       And in one of the testimonials, there is a mention of  ' the building", and ""staff ..  all sounds a bit commercial.  

@persephone … it does say they're in Darwin … but perhaps there has been a bit of copying and pasting in the construction of the website.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, I am Paul Brady and I run PetScams.com with a team of volunteers.

I have volunteered with different groups combatting internet fraud for over 15 years and set up PetScams.com late in 2017 in order to combat the growing trend in online pet scams.
The owner of northchihuahuas-com is not a breeder, he is a Cameroonian scammer.. I would estimate that he has created at least 300 domains in the past year in order to convince people he is a breeder.

The website is not actually US registered, it is registered with a US based service which hides the registration details. (http://PrivacyProtect.org)
The website is hosted on a Russian server "NS1.UKIT.COM" which has hosted hundreds of these scammers websites.
The testimonials on the website have been copied from numerous other scam websites by the same scammer. If you search for "personality and demeanor. This is true. The girls at the" you can see multiple breeds this scammer is "selling" in multiple countries.

The scammer will also create a "shipping" website in order to scam you out of delivery money for the puppy. In this way, he can offer puppies for adoption and still scam you our of thousands of dollars!
If this was a genuine breeder they would be easy to find. Their contact page would at least show the city they are in however the scammer ALWAYS wants to know your location first. This is so that they can then say that they are on a different side of the country. You will have no other option than to ship the puppy with their "preferred shipper" which will just be another scam website set up by them.
Breeders normally have multiple ways to contact them, links to Instagram and Facebook and a phone number to speak to them not just text. Scammers prefer to keep everything to email otherwise you will hear their accent and that might give you a clue that they are not in your country.

To see how this scam plays our, please have a look at the following video.

Feel free to ask me any questions here.

Paul

PetScams.com

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

a few years back, australia had its own scammer.

received a phone call to warn me someone was using photos of my puppies? By the owner of one of the puppies, hence they knew soon as they saw it online that person was not the breeder.

so called the police and advised them and website address they were on.

turned out it was a lady in Melbourne, believe she was arrested and charged but not before she had fleeced people of thousands.

• Sad 2