Sign in to follow this  
JindoRescueDogOwner

Dog Export Guidance?

9 posts in this topic

I rescued a Korean Jindo from a dog meat farm in Korea, and working to bring him to Dili, East Timor via the USA (wheres he currently being cared for by my brother), and of course, Australia. 

I got every part up until Melbourne quarantine figured out, just trying to piece together the Melbourne to Dili stretch. 

"Just contact a pet relocation form," u say? 

Well, I did, and they want $4000 AUD! So, I'm trying to figure it out on my own. 

Any info, guidance, moral support, words of wisdom, etc. will be greatly appreciated. 

• Confused 1

Rebanne   

You would be best to go with a pet transport company. If one single t is not crossed or an i not dotted then the dog can be sent back. It is not cheap to bring a dog into the country.

• Like 1

Not clear what you are trying to do. Korea - > USA - > Dili - > Oz?  I'd expect that to total over $AU20,000.  Why the roundabout?

Dogsfevr   

Agree you will pay nothing under $10,000.
But like mentioned if you don't get the paperwork right the dog pays the price & the agent is able to deal with any issues in flight delays,cancellations etc etc .
Honestly no sane person doesn't use an agent 

• Thanks 1

The OP reads like they want the dog to go to East Timor, traveling via Australia not relocating here.

Dogsfevr   
1 hour ago, Bundyburger said:

The OP reads like they want the dog to go to East Timor, traveling via Australia not relocating here.

It will still have to do 10 days quarantine.

An agent may be able to find a better solution for getting dog into East Timor but it’s going to be an expensive exercise for this dog 

East Timor only allows importation of dogs from rabies free countries. 

I was hoping to do it on my own, but the last stretch from Melbourne quarantine to Dili is proving to be too difficult to do on my own. 

Quote is $3200 AUD (gulp), guess I just have to suck it up and pay it.

Dogs are def like kids. 

Dogsfevr   

Have you thought about USA to NZ quarantine there and on to East Timor which is closer are will it be spending time in Oz first 

11 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

Have you thought about USA to NZ quarantine there and on to East Timor which is closer are will it be spending time in Oz first 

Well, only flights into East Timor are via Darwin, Bali, and Singapore.