Jump to content
Snook

Meaty bones and gas - updated as problem solved

25 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

Great pupdate!

 

Cast iron stomach Mal came down with a stomach condition in ... July maybe? Yet I still feel new to all this!

 

He does well on metronizadole, RC Gastrointestinal Low Fat, and poached chicken for tablets. I can also give him some steamed veg and a bit of freeze dried tripe without him getting sick, but he goes downhill so readily when I mix things up.

 

He had zero response to Protexin so we’ve just started Fortiflora. Paw Digesticare will be the next one to try if that’s unsuccessful. The aim is to get him off the metro.

 

Thankfully his coat is feeling soft again and the unexplained weight loss has stopped.

Don’t discount sudden onset protein intolerance. Happened to my Burmese cat - after an exclusion diet it turns out she can eat chicken and fish but throws up violently and pulls chunks of hair out on beef, lamb and turkey. At 15 she’s a different kitty. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boronia   

I was browsing for low magnesium kibble (Zara=struvite crystals) and got sidetracked on other stuff, came upon this which has already been suggested but on my 2nd link there is a review if you scroll down towards the bottom which you may find interesting,...it made me think of Justice :laugh:

Their postage is pretty reasonable

https://www.thevetshed.com.au/buy/paw-digesticare60-150gm/PAWDIGEST60

 

review is here

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snook   
15 minutes ago, Boronia said:

I was browsing for low magnesium kibble (Zara=struvite crystals) and got sidetracked on other stuff, came upon this which has already been suggested but on my 2nd link there is a review if you scroll down towards the bottom which you may find interesting,...it made me think of Justice :laugh:

Their postage is pretty reasonable

https://www.thevetshed.com.au/buy/paw-digesticare60-150gm/PAWDIGEST60

 

review is here

That's because it's the review I wrote today! :laugh: They sent me an email to review that and the 4cyte that I've put him on. Haha.. I'm so amused by this!! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boronia   
1 hour ago, Snook said:

That's because it's the review I wrote today! :laugh: They sent me an email to review that and the 4cyte that I've put him on. Haha.. I'm so amused by this!! 

It is gone now, other customers have written reviews so it's disappeared...

how rude of them!

LOL

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snook   
18 minutes ago, Boronia said:

It is gone now, other customers have written reviews so it's disappeared...

how rude of them!

LOL

It's still there, you just have to go in to the product and click on the reviews instead. It's so funny how well we get to know other DOLers dogs lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×