Buyer breaching contract of sale

MareeBD

Hi everyone. I am wondering whether anyone has pursued a buyer for breach of contract if they have not had the dog desexed & provided evidence of such, when the contract of sale has a very specific condition that this occur? I sold a female puppy 18 months ago & the contract specifies that the dog was to be desexed by 12 months of age & evidence provided to confirm this. I have recently followed up with the puppy buyer who isn't responding to emails. I will follow up with a formal written request that they provide such evidence, but I don't expect to get a reply. I'm just wondering whether it's worth pursuing any further than this. TIA

Agree with Anne. Contracts are not legally binding. My approach is to spend a long time getting to know the puppy buyer and developing a relationship. Then it’s about ongoing support and education. If I included my expertise and time in the price of a puppy I shudder to think how high that would be :eek: 

• Like 3

Contract is legally binding its up to you if you want to spend the money .
A number of our puppy buyers are lawyers etc etc & they have all agreed a contract is exactly that .You can pursue it but  need to realize it may cost you money .The wording is important ,what they sign etc etc
All our pups are sold on a spay contract & bond .Ours is by an earlier age ,we remind those owners a month prior to the cut off age & any reason it isn't suitable must be made known .We have a 100% success rate ,had the odd ones think they can pull our leg but we firmly remind them about our contract & that we are prepared to pursue it .
They where fully aware of the agreement prior to purchase ,its clearly stated on our info site & are not forced to buy from us .