Tooth extraction Perth

Jonesey

Does anybody have a cheaper vet that does back tooth removal in Perth region. I was quoted 600 to 1000 but on a pension and was wondering if there were any cheaper options out there. Thankyou 

Edited by Jonesey

Oops. Not shore what happened there   . I was wondering if anybody has a good place for a back tooth removal in Perth in my miniature foxy. I was quoted $600 -$1000.  Am on a pension so was wondering if anybody knew of a cheaper place  in Perth.  Thankyou. 

Not sure whether it happens in Perth but here in SA certain vets can set up a payment plan or go to Centrelink and set one up there.

For the future get a pet tooth brush and toothpaste and brush their teeth daily.. you can buy them at the Vet.

Its a bit strange for the dog at first but the toothpaste is flavoured ... my dogs love having their teeth brushed, it’s a treat for them :) 

Cant help you but maybe ring around and see what you come up with.

The quote you were given seems fairly reasonable to me. You could check around but I doubt you''ll find a vet significantly cheaper for a dental.

I haven't before heard of the SA vet payment plan that Marg mentioned but do consider borrowing a lump sum from Centrelink against your pension. The best thing about doing that is that the repayments are totally interest free and also pain free in that they take out their repayments each fortnight so you don't need to do anything.

For others looking for ways to spread the pain of a large vet bill, have a look at VetPay where, after being pre-approved, you pay a percentage of the bill to your vet yourself and VetPay pay the balance, which you then repay to VetPay over time (with interest but I'm told cheaper then the average credit card interest rate). Not all vets participate in VetPay though, so check first.

• Like 2

When comparing prices make sure you’re comparing like with like. For example does the quote include pre-operative bloods, fluid therapy, dental X-rays, take home pain relief, antibiotics, and so on. I don’t know what you mean by ‘back tooth’ but if it’s one of the cheek ones they can be harder to remove than say a little incisor, so there’s more time under anaesthesia, which costs money.

• Like 2

Depending on your location.. Perth is very Long Metro along the Coast & Little Inland..

You could try Swan Vet in Midvale (Midland.. Lower Hills).. 

Always reasonably priced.. Speak to practice manager about your situation & they may be able to arrange a payment plan. .