Luxating Patella op recovery

My 4year old Cavalier is 3weeks post op from luxating patella repair with a pin and screw how does it go from here as it is very hard to keep her from jumping from excitement and moving about too much I have a crate but hate locking her in there too long as I think she will become very stiff and limp even more so any help or suggestions would be very helpfull

Your vet would have given you the instructions to follow for a reason just like a Doctor given strict instructions for after care surgery for humans ,your not going to say im board after a knee replacement & go do what you want unless your an idiot .

Dog is in the recovery phase especially internally and needs to recover hence crate /confinement for a reason

As for it being hard to stop the jumping excitement no it isn’t ,your the owner ,your in charge ,Do crate games ,find activities that work the brain ,nothing is too hard with a bit of effort .

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 1

went through this with one of mine, she wanted out, she wanted to play, she wanted to jump. AS the vet pointed out, what she wants is going to wreak all the work I did.  keep her safe in her crate or she will be paying the consequences later... time to be tough for your dogs sake.

not sure if its relevant? my brat was getting over a broken leg and pelvis.

Edited by asal
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...