Meet Banks

JRG

Banks arrived here yesterday. He is a very dark liver English Cocker Spaniel  of the working type and is nine week old.      Welcome to the Springer world little man!

Sorry, photos not great - he moves so fast!

banks A.JPG

banks B.JPG

banks C.JPG

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Animal House said:

Congrats on your new pup, what a sweet little face he has.., love his name too!  

(you might want to ask @Troy to move this out of 'Puppy Problems' into one of the others, unless you are predicting trouble already.  :laugh:)

Or ask to have "problems" dropped and make it just "Puppies". 

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, PANDI-GIRL said:

what has cute little Banks been up to lately ,  not much mischief for you! 

Banks is great, thank you.

He is a really good baby, has never soiled his bedtime pen and is never noisy.  He has been to two Puppy Classes and, I am ashamed to say is not the best! loves a game of "chase" and has perfected the art of rolling and standing up again in one movement (while on the run)!

Although he hasn't completed the Puppy classes he is off to boarding school next week to begin his training to be a proper gundog.    So far all he has learnt  towards that career is to collect his dumb-bell and bring it back - which he does with great gusto!! and stay reasonably close when we go for a walk across the paddock. 

I will keep you posted on his progress

happy Cocker20190414_190243.jpg

faster, faster 20190414_143416_004_01.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, this is serious Gundog stuff.  Usually takes at least 6 months for the (very) basic stuff,  but Banks is destined for offical Field Trials, so I do not expect him back for many months! Yes I will miss him, but since I got him as a potential stud dog,  he has a lot of growing up to do before I can use him.

i have made a good deal with a friend, he gets to trial him, I get to use him over my (working) Cocker girl, and we both, eventually, get a well trained Gundog.

in the meantime I have plenty of (working) springers to keep me busy!

• Like 2