Have you studied with Delta?

Hi all!

I’m planning on studying the cert IV course with Delta this year and pursue my dream as a dog trainer.

My main concern is component 4, where I have been advised that I will need to be running my own classes or employed as a trainer.

I wouldn’t know where to begin in starting my own business. What if I am unable to find clients or job positions? :confused:

What at was your experience in this component/overall course?

Any help is really appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jamila

Delta certified trainer here, who was in your shoes a few years back... I'd strongly recommend you look for Delta trainers in your area that you could shadow for a while in running their own puppy / adult classes. 

The idea is to eventually be in a position for them to let you run your own stream and use that for your video assignments.

• Thanks 1

On 30/03/2019 at 2:07 PM, Papillon Kisses said:

You might have better luck asking in an Facebook group for positive / force free dog trainers.

Thanks, I will try facebook groups as advised!

14 hours ago, fbaudry said:

Hi Jamila

Delta certified trainer here, who was in your shoes a few years back... I'd strongly recommend you look for Delta trainers in your area that you could shadow for a while in running their own puppy / adult classes. 

The idea is to eventually be in a position for them to let you run your own stream and use that for your video assignments.

Thank you for the kind advice! I’ll have a search for delta trainers around my area and try and get in foot in the industry. Thanks again :)