Vetalogica Biologically Appropriate food

7 hours ago, jezebeldobe said:

Looking for opinions on this food? strictly ingredients wise (and reputability of the company).

Thanks in advance :)

https://www.vetalogica.com.au/collections/vetalogica-biologically-appropriate-dog-food

I have seen no good evidence that carbs are bad for dogs.  DNA work shows they are much better equipped than wolves to digest them. This food seems to go to great pains (and expense) to avoid them.  It also claims mixing seafood and other meat in one meal is natural.  Not saying it's harmful, but kripes, lots of dogs never get seafood.  Sounds like hype with no evidence.  I'd say, save your money, buy a decent mid range kibble and give your dog some fresh or frozen raw meat, bones, eggs, etc. on the side. 

Edited by sandgrubber
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jezebeldobe said:

Looking for opinions on this food? strictly ingredients wise (and reputability of the company).

Thanks in advance :)

https://www.vetalogica.com.au/collections/vetalogica-biologically-appropriate-dog-food

A quick look has me interested in speaking to them with view to stocking it. Not such a fan of their normal range (don't stock) but a lot to like about this.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely not anti-grain especially having dobermann's and reading the studies regarding the link with cardio .. I just thought I'd ask as have seen many other kibbles reviewed here and saw this but haven't seen much about it. I like that the first few ingredients are all meat meal. Mine already get bones and vegetables and things in addition to their kibble but the thing is I don't find this all that more expensive than others out there. Certainly not as expensive as Ziwipeak and some stores have it out at $97 for 11kgs..seems ok