Pain relief

My 5 month kelpi was de sexed today. Vet gave me pain relief form him, but can not give it too him until 1 pm tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to help him now. He had a needle late this afternoon at the vet. Will this carry him over till tomorrow? 

Hopefully your pup is feeling fine this morning :)  Normally there is little pain  in youngsters that a good meaty bone or a treatball full  of  goodies won't help  the day after ... on the day , they mostly have something given at time of surgery :) 
Don't worry too much ..he'll be bouncy again  before you can think!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ray & Wilson said:

My 5 month kelpi was de sexed today. Vet gave me pain relief form him, but can not give it too him until 1 pm tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to help him now. He had a needle late this afternoon at the vet. Will this carry him over till tomorrow? 

Yes, it should carry him over.  If you see severe indicators of pain, call the vet. 

• Like 2

@Ray & Wilson     Ditto what the others have said.   And if pup is crying after surgery, it can be the effects of the anaesthetic working its way out of the system rather than pain from the surgery itself.  Different dogs react differently to anesthetic.      Hope your pup recovers really well.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ray & Wilson said:

Hope your pup is okay now. 
I gave our little Rocky (who was neutered recently) some ice chips, and later a bit of food (we feed raw) as he was ravenous.
Bit I agree with others. I once gave the pain meds to my other dog and it caused him to pop his stitches because he didn't feel anything. So I won't do it again. In my opinion, a small amount of discomfort is more reasonable to me than having to knock him out again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray & Wilson said:

This is my first pup for 20 years, and so attached to him. I would like to thank all of you for putting my mind at ease. What a great site, will be using it a lot.

well..may I suggest  reading the pinned posts in the PUPPY CHAT  pages ..starting a thread for your puppy ..and doing what must be done - showing us photos ! :P  (please?) we all need to see cute puppy pics regularly :)

• Like 1