My boy choc lab

Diesal

Can someone please tell me what this me be on my choc lab it’s driving me crazy he’s continually licking and chewing himself and all he’s hair and coat is fading and falling out I cannot afford to see a vet any ideas would be much appreciated I can’t upload a pic won’t let me but he’s losing fur from his legs and thighs 

Edited by Diesal
Can’t add a pic

You should get better response if you post under health and nutrition. Would help to know what you feed Deisel and whether there's any tradescantia (wandering Jew) in your yard.  Also, where does he itch, where is he loosing hair. 

Without seeing it it’s hard to say . 

Has he been regularly flea treated ? 

It could be an allergy to food you are feeding , some dogs react to grains , others red meat .

could be something at home he is allergic too .

I have had dogs with both and I always bathed in Malasab and my current dog I give an antihistamine too when she starts licking her feet . Human ones can be given to dogs but you need to google the ones you can use and dosage . I give mine Claratyne . ( generic one is cheaper). 

You really should just go to vet for a consult , they will probably give steroids to start with . 

It can also be a response to PAIN radiating down from his back or hips ...and if his legs are a bit achy , he might chew to try &relieve the pain ... honestly, there are SO MANY things it COULD be , a VET is the only one who can properly find out and treat whatever it is . 
I hope you can find a way to help your boy soon . 

• Like 1