Playing Music to my Pup

sheena

Firstly I must say that this is such a great baby, confident, fast learning, loves his day puppy pen, where he goes after exercising/playing with the other dogs.  I feed him in there & there are lots of great toys, which I rotate.  At the moment he is playing with his favourite (& most expensive..not) empty water bottle.  He has a different crate for night time, not far from my bed.  No toys in there except his snuggle lambie with the beating heart, a kong & lambs wool blanket. ...night crate is for sleeping.  At first he took a while to settle & one night he wet the bed.  For the past week I have been putting on puppy relaxation music via my Ipod to a blue tooth speaker up high & behind his crate.  He settles immediately as soon as I start the music.  It is mainly piano with nature/bird sounds that I got off Spotify.  Because I have to listen to it too, I thought I would try him with some Andria Bocceli music.  Nope...he didn't like it but as soon as I put the other one on he settled immediately.  Just thought I would share this with anyone who has trouble getting their pup or adult dog to settle...try some puppy music :) Time will tell whether it makes a difference to his development or not, being a border collie

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

That is such a great idea,  he sounds like a lovely pup,  how is he liking the diet you chose for him? 

He is loving it, but it is like trying to fill a bottom-less-pit at the moment

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 4 months later...

We've also been playing music for our puppy when we leave the house!

We have found lots of "calm my dog" videos on youtube which have soothing sounds for the pup.

It works a treat & puts them to sleep once we leave, like a lullaby to a baby. 

I love Through A Dog’s Ear albums! They are specially formulated for dogs, with specific albums for puppies, adults, and geriatrics.

As some here may know, Malcolm has anxiety disorders. I’ve found TADE a helpful adjunct where other music is just, whatever. My parents used a puppy album with their toy poodle and the little mite would go off to sleep at night and when they went out.

Since you have Spotify, there’s a Through A Dog’s Ear playlist by amystribula. It’s a compilation of some TADE songs for adults but has other things too.

I’ve also received good feedback about Pet Acoustics but haven’t tried it myself.

• Like 2