Good basic grooming table - recommendations please

BDJ

Hi,

I have a RC collie, and to groom her myself I need a proper grooming table (with the arm for her lead etc).

I used to show, so know how to groom etc (that part is not a problem), but she is a bit of a precious child (most polite term I could find :-D) so I need the right set up.

IE - if the table is not completely stable she will make it worse by shaking, shuddering etc.   If she is not tied, she wiggles, fights, complains etc.

In a nutshell - if the set up is right, she is an angel.  If it is not the right set up, you would swear she has never been groomed in her life (and she is a fully trained ex-show dog - so she knows what to do, she just also knows how to get around things).

I have been getting her done at a grooming place - but that is silly expensive and inconvenient - so I am going to get a table and do it myself.

Any suggestions on either where to buy a good second hand one, or recommendations on a new one?   It will only be used at home, so features such as being light, easy to move, fits well in cars, looks new etc aren't important.   Just needs to be a safe, sturdy table

thanks

You may not have the room but what I use is an outdoor table at the end of our veranda.

It's sturdy and non-wobbly  and you have room at one side of it to put all your grooming boxes (I keep all my stuff in those make-up cases you can buy for next-to-nothing at the charity shops)

The tables are always for sale on scumtree

My table is the same as this one

5ce20b09438c6_Screenshotfrom2019-05-2011-58-56.thumb.png.3d7b4924e33c6e9daceefa66e2a75551.png

and the cases are like these

5ce20b19d5602_Screenshotfrom2019-05-2012-02-26.png.704835359b7e8b6f552551b210522d2a.png  5ce20b280d43a_Screenshotfrom2019-05-2012-02-45.png.022388760fd5dd91f471cdd2ab7da3d1.png

Take a look at Petnetwork.com.au. They sell to the public. 

it says you’re in SA? If that’s right, look up Clipper Jack    He usually has a few on display/for sale in his workshop and is very helpful. 

Or join HERE  and keep a look out. Tables often come up. Just a few days ago someone put up 4 professional tables with accessories! 

Edited by Scratch

thanks Scratch - will check both out

Boronia - thanks for the suggestion, but I would prefer one that was purpose built for the arm (which I need) - she is a 'special' one :-D

Or go to SACA i presume the dog shop is still there otherwise there is a very big show weekend coming up soon that may have vendors 31 May to the 2 June.
Vebo have strong tables with removable arm but they are heavy tables

Edited by Dogsfevr

3 hours ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

Not sure if they are still around, I’ve always used Liberty tables they are sturdy but fold down easily, they also have a built in handle that makes them easy to carry.

I recently purchased a terrier table off Liberty. They’re not as public as they used to be. I contacted them through messaging their Liberty International Facebook page.. 

They are good tables at very reasonable prices. And good old fashioned service as well. 

• Like 1