Anyone has a dog allergic to vaccination?

teddybeans

4 hours ago, teddybeans said:

Thanks, my vet recommended this too.  But its expensive, and also i'm not going to vaccinate on him  again regardless of the result.

I have discussed this with my vet and he seem to be in agreement with me.  My thinking is so what if i find out whether he has the antibodies or not, all it does is maybe give me a bit of peace of mind but I can't really make a difference knowing the outcome.  If it comes up that he doesnt have the antibodies anymore, I wont be vaccinating anyway.  So i didn't really see the value of it. 

Maybe if you try the C3 only in 3 years time (or 3 years from his latest vaccination)... it is very uncommon for the C3 to illicit adverse reactions...

C3 covers the 3 biggest killer diseases in dogs - Parvo, Distemper, and Infectious Hepatitis - none of which you ever want your dog to contract. All 3 can kill your furry friend in most unpleasant ways. Even though we don't see Distemper or Infectious Hepatitis much any more, the very least you could try is a Parvac vaccine for Parvo only, OK?

T.

On 5/31/2019 at 6:21 PM, tdierikx said:

Maybe if you try the C3 only in 3 years time (or 3 years from his latest vaccination)... it is very uncommon for the C3 to illicit adverse reactions...

C3 covers the 3 biggest killer diseases in dogs - Parvo, Distemper, and Infectious Hepatitis - none of which you ever want your dog to contract. All 3 can kill your furry friend in most unpleasant ways. Even though we don't see Distemper or Infectious Hepatitis much any more, the very least you could try is a Parvac vaccine for Parvo only, OK?

T.

yeah I did all mine myself with Parvac when we were going to be in an area which had a current outbreak of parvo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebanne said:

yeah I did all mine myself with Parvac when we were going to be in an area which had a current outbreak of parvo.

The beauty of a killed/modified live vaccine... doesn't require to be administered by a vet... *grin*

T.

On 01/06/2019 at 1:52 AM, Papillon Kisses said:

Look into vaccicheck. It’s much cheaper than the ones that have to be sent off to labs

Isn’t vaccicheck also sent to labs?  If not how accurate?

• 10 months later...
On 29/05/2019 at 8:49 PM, teddybeans said:

My boy is allergic to the annual C5 vaccination.  He had it three times as a puppy with no issues.  The fourth one he had a mild reaction and developed lumps within the first few hour (exactly the same make and brand as the previous one).  The vet gave him a dose of antihistamine and it went away.  The following year, i asked the vet whether the same thing will happen.  He said very unlikely, i was nervous to say the least so he consulted other vets at the surgery and they were also in agreement a second reaction seemed unlikely.   So knowing no better, i went ahead with the vaccine based on their recommendation and the reaction was close to fatal - almost lost him.  Luckily the reaction happened while we were still at the vet.    After that incident, no more vaccinations.  My boy is now 8 and doing well and hasn't had a vaccination since.  I avoid dog parks and careful during walks to stay away from grass.

I was wondering whether allergies to dog vaccinations are common?  Are there any injections besides the annual vaccine I should avoid - like antibiotics?  My vet says it could be the preservative in the vaccine that caused the reaction.

Hello i'm new to this sight!!Just read about almost loosing your puppy due to the vaccine..almost tragic but very happy to hear his doing well..Unfortunately we lost our beautiful boy 15 week old pure bred Pug..to C3 vaccine he reacted severely died in the clinic of Anaphylactic shock April 2020 perfectly healthy strong gorgeous puppy..Being told the how safe these vaccines are we all thought how safe vaccines were for dogs..I will never vaccinate another dog ever again..Hearing of so many other cases where people have lost there beloved animals to vaccines bloody disgusting..its been hushed and swept under the carpet..No doubt for fear of loosing business..there ought to be a class action and the theses company's ought to be held responsible..We have all been left heart broken absolutely devastated walking around numb..Vaccines are not the same any more they have been tampered with and more test should be explored before treating our beloved pets..

• Sad 6

23 hours ago, Mary Sengstock said:

Hello i'm new to this sight!!Just read about almost loosing your puppy due to the vaccine..almost tragic but very happy to hear his doing well..Unfortunately we lost our beautiful boy 15 week old pure bred Pug..to C3 vaccine he reacted severely died in the clinic of Anaphylactic shock April 2020 perfectly healthy strong gorgeous puppy..Being told the how safe these vaccines are we all thought how safe vaccines were for dogs..I will never vaccinate another dog ever again..Hearing of so many other cases where people have lost there beloved animals to vaccines bloody disgusting..its been hushed and swept under the carpet..No doubt for fear of loosing business..there ought to be a class action and the theses company's ought to be held responsible..We have all been left heart broken absolutely devastated walking around numb..Vaccines are not the same any more they have been tampered with and more test should be explored before treating our beloved pets..

Obviously what happened to your poor pup was awful but I would still advise vaccinating with a C3, getting parvovirus is nasty, very expensive to treat and something you never want to experience.

My oldest dog had a severe reaction to a vaccine many years ago along with our standard poodle, we nearly lost both, it was something to do with the batch, I still vaccinate but only every few years and only a C3, luckily I do because one of our dogs got parvo (didn’t realise he wasn’t vaccinated) he spent almost two weeks in intensive care, plasma transfusions, lots of medications etc. cost is a few thousand $$$, he was never the same, we ended up losing him to an autoimmune condition only a few years later (he didn’t have before the parvo) if all of our dogs had got it we wouldn’t have been able to treat them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

On 5/2/2020 at 8:01 PM, Mary Sengstock said:

I think you need to take a step back ,whilst vaccine reactions can happen  the other side is not nice either & yes i can speak from experience after we lost 4/5 pups to C4 vaccine (first needle) it was proven to be a bad batch as the serial numbers matched other cases .
Have also owned a dog who caught parvo twice & if it wasn't for the vaccine she would have died .
I think common sense tells us that any chemicals whether it be pet or human has some form of risk  & its tragic when we experience the worst case but it never put us off vaccinating

Although the dog we know of that have vaccine sensitivities have reacted from the first one so how did pup fair for the other 2 needles??What did the breeder say when you told them ??I would be interested to know if it was "off " at its first shot & more so at its second shot as i gather this was the 3 booster normally given at 16 weeks if on schedule
Did they administer the heartworm injection??
Did pup also have the canine cough aspect??

How quickly did the vet administer drugs to counter react the Anaphylactic shock??
Did your vet report the reaction with the batch number to the manufacturer ??
Did you get an autospy done or was the vet secrective about that option ,we would 100% had the test done to ensure no other contributing factors.
It would come back with positive parvo as its a live vaccine

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

I'm hoping that a vet wouldn't be administering a heartworm injection to a 15 week old pup... that isn't recommended at all! There have been reports of dogs reacting badly to the Proheart 12, but those numbers are VERY small... still no consolation to someone whose pet has died as a result.

There are 3 ways that the canine cough portion can be given... as a single dose combined with the C3 components (C5), as an intranasal application alongside the C3 vaccination, or as an injectible vaccination alongside the C3 vaccination. Vets have been known to inject the intranasal and vice versa - and this can cause complications. Recently my boss's dog had the intranasal injected, and the vet then also decided to try to flush it with saline... the dog (a tiny 1.5kg toy poodle) got a massive reaction at the site, even to the point of some skin necrosis and a bacterial infection. This was a rare bad reaction to the insult... but still bloody scary...

Even knowing all the possible ramifications of an allergic reaction to vaccinations, the alternative is possibly worse... if you'd ever seen a pup with Parvo or Distemper (I've seen both, and it's horrible), you'd fully understand that the vaccination risk is actually worth it... those diseases cause slow, painful, and heartbreaking deaths.

T.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

I think you need to take a step back ,whilst vaccine reactions can happen  the other side is not nice either & yes i can speak from experience after we lost 4/5 pups to C4 vaccine (first needle) it was proven to be a bad batch as the serial numbers matched other cases .
Have also owned a dog who caught parvo twice & if it wasn't for the vaccine she would have died .
I think common sense tells us that any chemicals whether it be pet or human has some form of risk  & its tragic when we experience the worst case but it never put us off vaccinating

Although the dog we know of that have vaccine sensitivities have reacted from the first one so how did pup fair for the other 2 needles??What did the breeder say when you told them ??I would be interested to know if it was "off " at its first shot & more so at its second shot as i gather this was the 3 booster normally given at 16 weeks if on schedule

How quickly did the vet administer drugs to counter react the Anaphylactic shock??
Did you get an autospy done or was the vet secrective about that option ,we would 100% had the test done to ensure no other contributing factors.

22 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

Hello Thank you for your reply yes indeed to my understanding vet reacted emmediately..And Have been very cooperative..

Yes The vaccine has been taken of the shelf..And the Rep has been notified and will be ongoing test on the Vaccine Administered..But its to late more test should be carried out to avoid killing our pets..There's no excuse..What should happen is separating  the vaccine and administered weeks interval C3 in one is far to toxic to puppies don't care what anyone says its the truth..And yes Parvo is cruel and yes dogs need to be protected i totally agree But only administered  parvo injection..Yes Autopsy was carried out..Jack was in perfect health Absolutely nothing wrong with him..I will gather as much info i can i will not lay low on this issue..And no there was no reaction to the first Vaccine..Vaccines have been tampered with there not the same anymore..And i will never ever vaccinate again...

The reason that we have the C3 is to cover for the THREE diseases that cause more death than all others... Parvo, Distemper, and Hepatitis. Each of these diseases WILL kill a young pup in a horrific manner.

The reason for having 2-3 puppy vaccinations is to cover pups once the immunity gained from their mother's colostrum at birth has worn off. There is no 100% accurate test to tell us when that immunity wears off, but it is between 6 and 14 weeks on average. This is why we vaccinate usually at 6-8, 10-12, and 14-16 weeks of age.

Generally the C3 vaccination is one of the safest vaccinations your pup can be given. It has been extensively tested over many years, and the margin for adverse reactions causing death is extremely low. The alternative if your pup contracts one of those 3 diseases is a slow and painful death from a disease that has no cure. I have personally seen pups with both Parvo and Distemper... and quite frankly I will always take the minimal risk in order to protect my dogs from those diseases.

T.

• Like 6

It's worth noting that the C3 is a combination of three vaccines. It's possible to have a bad reaction to just one of the three. In my boarding kennel days, I once had a client state that her pup was deadly allergic to just the distemper portion of the vaccine.  Apparently the reaction was pretty much like getting distemper. I was skeptical and checked it out with a vet that I trust.  She said it's very rare but possible, and given that every other dog in the kennel was up to date with distemper jabs and distemper hadn't been seen for years in our area, it was safe to admit the pup with just the parvo and (what's the other one?) jab. 

Given how common parvo is, I'd try to give it as a single jab if at all possible. 

• Like 2

On 04/05/2020 at 8:05 PM, Mary Sengstock said:

Hello Thank you for your reply yes indeed to my understanding vet reacted emmediately..And Have been very cooperative..

Yes The vaccine has been taken of the shelf..And the Rep has been notified and will be ongoing test on the Vaccine Administered..But its to late more test should be carried out to avoid killing our pets..There's no excuse..What should happen is separating  the vaccine and administered weeks interval C3 in one is far to toxic to puppies don't care what anyone says its the truth..And yes Parvo is cruel and yes dogs need to be protected i totally agree But only administered  parvo injection..Yes Autopsy was carried out..Jack was in perfect health Absolutely nothing wrong with him..I will gather as much info i can i will not lay low on this issue..And no there was no reaction to the first Vaccine..Vaccines have been tampered with there not the same anymore..And i will never ever vaccinate again...

So you werent there when the pup was vaccinated .Who was ??
Did it also get wormed o, heartwormed  or Canine cough at the same time??
In 30 plus years of breeding dogs & having dogs vaccinated the reaction is very small ,yes we lost puppies to C4 never had any issues with Nobivac but we can never say never  & i will never not vaccinate my dogs im not an over vaccinater & we titre test our adults knowing very well that titre is not fall proof either but we will never not do our puppies .
So what age did your pup get its first vaccine ??Just trying to figure the age gap .What did the breeder say ?
The vaccine wont be taken off the shelf if the vet told you that i would be concerned,they may have removed those with the same serial number & you can do your own report as your vaccination card should have the sticker on it .
Tetanus & distemper are still around not common but it happens & in some breeds a problem when teething due to all sorts of nasties getting in ,Takes a savvy owner & breeder to note that .

If you buy another dog it will be vaccinated .Pups go with there first needle .

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 2

On 03/05/2020 at 9:45 PM, Rascalmyshadow said:

Obviously what happened to your poor pup was awful but I would still advise vaccinating with a C3, getting parvovirus is nasty, very expensive to treat and something you never want to experience.

My oldest dog had a severe reaction to a vaccine many years ago along with our standard poodle, we nearly lost both, it was something to do with the batch, I still vaccinate but only every few years and only a C3, luckily I do because one of our dogs got parvo (didn’t realise he wasn’t vaccinated) he spent almost two weeks in intensive care, plasma transfusions, lots of medications etc. cost is a few thousand $$$, he was never the same, we ended up losing him to an autoimmune condition only a few years later (he didn’t have before the parvo) if all of our dogs had got it we wouldn’t have been able to treat them.

all mine that died were vaccinated with protech c3.

when I rang and asked what was going on, never lost any before, the reply was new improved formula.

so now I check with the vet first and refuse to let them use any but canvac c3

36 minutes ago, asal said:

all mine that died were vaccinated with protech c3.

when I rang and asked what was going on, never lost any before, the reply was new improved formula.

so now I check with the vet first and refuse to let them use any but canvac c3

Just curious what year did that happen to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant remember the first year but 15 years later a young locum gave my puppies full dose protech c3 despite what I did ask for.

three were dead before I was back home and the last pup died shortly after. his excuse to his boss was if the pups could not tolerate the recommended dose they were better culled from the breed.  He was fired, but that didn't bring  back any of the lost puppies and they were their mums last litter.   all her previous pups had been male. so end of her maternal line thanks to an incredibly egotistical ignorant prat

I asked him what would he do to all the murry grey cattle and the dog breeds susceptible to ivermectin?

his reply. He would dose them all and then only continue the breeds with the survivors...

would save having to dna test but I well remember before it was known ivermectin could kill susceptible animals , one farmer woke to find over half their murray greys had died overnight. very expensive cull

But then it would not have been that vets loss.

not even his boss who fired him offered me back the money I was charged for the injections that killed my puppies. I did not take them to be euthanised

Edited by asal
  • Sad 1