Home boarding in the Hiills

kamuzz

Well my Groodle loving colleague bought a Groodle. (Maybe she was just pretending to consider other dogs to keep me happy.) Now she wants a recommendation for home boarding for two weeks in July, preferably somewhere in the Hills.  

Personally I'd be putting the dog into a boarding kennel. Home boarding sounds dodgy to me, but hey maybe I'm just getting older and more cynical! (waves at @Loving my Oldies)

Would anyone care to recommend a home boarder. They got the puppy at Christmas so she must be about 8 months now.

• Sad 1

GROODLE !!!!!   :mad  :mad  :mad

I don’t know anyone, @kamuzz, sorry.   8 month old puppy of two happy lively breeds??   Yep, I’d be going with kennels, too, but I would be checking them out microscopically.  A dog of that age could easily come out damaged as two weeks is a long time.  Or maybe a house sitter who was home all the time and making sure that the house and yard were better than Fort Knox.  We all know that stressed dogs will go through plate glass trying to find their owners.   

• Like 1

my sister is also looking for a home boarding for her cavoodle a few days in July, @kamuzz can you please let me know if you find someone?  I'll do the same if she does.

I think oodles do better at home boarding than in kennels.

Thanks.

The new fad is home boarding .

Key is to make sure there a legit business with council approval .

I would suggest people also insist on inspecting there set up ,safety measures and policies when they have visitors over with the dog .

You read so many posts these days of lost dog from pet sitter and a lot board multi dogs in the small yard 

We run boarding kennels so tell people if you insist on inspecting kennels then insist on the same of others .

• Like 3

It’s not really a new fad, @Dogsfevr.  I used house sitters years ago, as well as professional dog sitters on a couple of occasions.  I knew (lost touch) of others who were set up as you describe (council approvals, insurance, BSB, etc).  I was thinking of doing it about a decade ago, but decided I had enough on my plate with my dogs and not really wanting to go through all the all the paperwork required to do it professionally and correctly.  Plus, if anything happened to a dog in my care (despite fostering many over the years), I don’t think I’d be able to live with myself.  

4 hours ago, Loving my Oldies said:

It’s not really a new fad, @Dogsfevr.  I used house sitters years ago, as well as professional dog sitters on a couple of occasions.  I knew (lost touch) of others who were set up as you describe (council approvals, insurance, BSB, etc).  I was thinking of doing it about a decade ago, but decided I had enough on my plate with my dogs and not really wanting to go through all the all the paperwork required to do it professionally and correctly.  Plus, if anything happened to a dog in my care (despite fostering many over the years), I don’t think I’d be able to live with myself.  

It is a new fad where every Tom ,dick and Harry do it despite not being set up correctly and many of the sitters wanting a fast buck without looking at the responsibilities required or thinking they get to play with the doggies .

You have parents advertising on FB there kids are doing house sitting and they list there age and you know there not legit as the kids are underage to look after the dogs 

Many take on more dogs than they can knowing perfectly well that don’t have safe zones ,so yes a new fad .

Been in the industry for over 30 years the right set up for dogs comes in many areas but sourcing the legit ones is getting harder