antinol - how to feed

23 minutes ago, alokin123 said:

Can anyone advise if antinol is someting your dog is supposed to chew or just swallow?

"Many dogs will eat Antinol right from your hand or straight from the bowl along with their regular meal. If your dog eats around the SoftGel, simply cut it open and mix it in with the food"

Taken from this website, so they can do either.  https://vic.pharmacy/product/antinol-dogs

Hope that helps.  :)

• Like 1

I just put it in with Max's dinner. Atm he is getting some rehydrated k9 naturals and some savour life kibble and he just gobbles it up - which for a non food motivated for is pretty good! 

Fwiw it has made a huge difference to max. He's been on most of the arthritis supplements, including green lip mussel, and it hadn't made much of a difference due to an old injury site and the arthritis there but antinol has really helped him be a lot more comfortable. 

@Snook... from what I understand, Antinol's active ingredient is extracted differently to other green-lipped mussel formulas... something about this process apparently makes the difference as to it's efficacy over other formulas.

T.

The person & vets who are recommending the product suggest the loading dose if it suits your dog then 1 or 2 tablets ,the same as antinol.They did suggest if dog was having a bad run you can increase to 4 but that is not considered norm & they generally only suggested that prior to a competition
One is a sports vet who has asked many questions & simply can't see any reason to not use the Lyprinol especially given its ease & value especially for a multi dog household or large breeds.

I have used both on a large dog .I give 1 tablet .
I brought the antinol from the website as it was far cheaper but it is pricey if doing a number of dogs

• Like 1