sheltiesrule

Puppy with flatulance

28 posts in this topic

Dogsfevr   
47 minutes ago, sheltiesrule said:

I’m seeing my vet in a few days, will ask her advice then.

Your vet will most likely push there brand of food so just be mindful  you may come out even more confused.
Talk with your breeder ,breeders like to get feedback on what may not be working for a pup & often able to suggest   a biscuit that is known to suit your breed .
Some of the dry varieities can just be not suited to a some dogs ,fish can be one of those  & those with added items ,it becomes very hard .
My Taste of the Wild feed dog is due to chicken allergies ,the choice of legit chicken free dry here is very limited & he doesn't thrive on complete raw only .
We don't feed grain free by choice but when we do we also don't feed just dry we add to it
Simple fact is not every breed is the same & finding a suitable diet for your dog is worth a phone call to the breeder ,if you don't like there advice you can still go it alone  but you have given them the opportunity to assist.
Everyone will tell you something different  & it can become a mindfield of opinions.

The emu oil could be an issue .
I would consider going bland for a few days ,chicken mince,pumpkin & see what happens .

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 1

Breeder replied and suggested puppy optimum.   At the moment the ivory coat she had this morning and tonight don’t seem to be giving her much flatuence....might keep her on that for a week and see how she goes.

• Like 1

Rebanne   

My pups/dogs do well on Optimum, it's one of several foods I feed. I mix them up all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebanne said:

My pups/dogs do well on Optimum, it's one of several foods I feed. I mix them up all the time.

Our pups get raw, and some optimum puppy dry

UPDATE:  After switching to Ivory Coat a few days ago, flatulence seems to have resolved, but now she seems itchy and is scratching and biting herself.  I am going to cut out the meatball dog treats from the supermarket I was using for training and just solely feed the Ivory Coat for a week.  Seeing the vet for vaccination on Friday, so will ask her advise.

• Like 2