sheena

autoimmune-hemolytic-anemia

45 posts in this topic

Good to hear.  Just to add on to what the others have said, If you know he is going to be on it for a while, get larger quantities.  This will avoid having to pay a script cost every single time.  Vet meds are awfully expensive, I know!  I’ve experienced this myself, got charged like $70 for 10 when it only cost $10 for 100 wholesale.:eek:

• Sad 1

I've just come across this post while doing yet another internet search. Firstly, I'm so glad to hear that Cooper is improving! Do you know if the blood count is from a PCV test? My Madeline (13 years) is struggling with severe anaemia, currently her PCV is 31. Cooper's condition was one of the possibilities my vet mentioned so I'm very interested in his progress. Sending much love and hoping he continues to improve :heart:

sheena   
7 hours ago, yellowgirl said:

I've just come across this post while doing yet another internet search. Firstly, I'm so glad to hear that Cooper is improving! Do you know if the blood count is from a PCV test? My Madeline (13 years) is struggling with severe anaemia, currently her PCV is 31. Cooper's condition was one of the possibilities my vet mentioned so I'm very interested in his progress. Sending much love and hoping he continues to improve :heart:

It is my daughters dog so I am not real sure but I think the blood count is from PCV test.  He went right down to 10 at the worst of it.  My girl was suffering from severe aneamia & she had a bleeding stomach ulcer.

10 is super sick! I'm so glad he's doing better now.  Yes, a bleeding ulcer or tumour was one of the things we've ruled out after an abdominal ultrasound. 

sheena   
11 hours ago, yellowgirl said:

10 is super sick! I'm so glad he's doing better now.  Yes, a bleeding ulcer or tumour was one of the things we've ruled out after an abdominal ultrasound. 

Coopers condition was very sudden & mimicked the same symptoms as a snake bite or poisoning of some sort, so it was a couple of days before they decided on this diagnosis

• Like 1