Which store allow dogs?

teddybeans

Locally we have some banks that allow dogs and I saw a dog in a clothing store the other day.  A friend of mine takes her dog into quite a few stores in her local area.  So I think you just need to ask before you enter.  Most garden centers I have been to are happy for me to take my dog in with me as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snook said:

Based on that, I'm not too keen on dogs being allowed in more places until more people do a better job of being more considerate and responsible with their dogs. 

That’s also true.  I know a friend whose wife is afraid of dogs.  Probably from a bad experience when she was younger.  Recently she sprang her ankle being fearful when she saw a German Shepherd.  The dog I was told by my friend was not aggressive or over excited, just minding his own business.  But just the sight of such a big dog freaked her out

• Like 1

Australians are selfish to dog ownership & shot themselves in the foot when it comes to places being dog friendly ,we run kennels & a grooming salon & we have clients who will walk there dogs over to our outdoor setting & in the past BBQ to allow there dogs to pee up it & then look at you like your a martian when you say please don't let your dog wee up our private belongings

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Dogsfevr said:

Australians are selfish to dog ownership & shot themselves in the foot when it comes to places being dog friendly ,we run kennels & a grooming salon & we have clients who will walk there dogs over to our outdoor setting & in the past BBQ to allow there dogs to pee up it & then look at you like your a martian when you say please don't let your dog wee up our private belongings

Yep! 

Running grooming salons, I frequently had clients let their dogs urinate on my shop front, and other nearby shopfronts, crap on the footpath and surrounds as they came up to the salon, and make no attempt at all to clean up or even notify me of the issue, AND let them piss all over my reception area and just stand there and watch, make no attempt to assist or ask about cleaning up, and even, I kid you not, be the ONLY dog in reception, let their dog crap on the floor and then claim it couldn’t have been their dog! Reception is about 2 square meteres, I think I know what’s going on in there! 

And then of course there’s the people who deliberately or cluelessly, let their dogs behave and interact with people and animals in the surrounding area, in completely inappropriate manner, and don’t, can’t, whatever, make any attempts at rectifying things or removing themselves. 

Until the wider population gets a grip on truly responsible pet ownership, not much is going to change sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Omg.  Isn’t this just common pet etiquette... actually common etiquette in general!

it true now you mention it.  I often see people walking their pets without a doggy poo bag or don’t clean up after their dogs.

its so common in Europe to see dogs in shops (particularly in Paris).  But then again I see poo everywhere on the streets and it seems no one cares!

• 1 month later...

Oh yep I forgot about Mazda. My young one had a blast there one day when I had to call in and get brakes checked. They said she was welcome to stop by anytime and got heaps of attention.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ness said:

Oh yep I forgot about Mazda. My young one had a blast there one day when I had to call in and get brakes checked. They said she was welcome to stop by anytime and got heaps of attention.

Gone on an excursion :D

But I think could be just that branch.  I would have thought car dealerships would forbid dogs, so many cars go in and out they wouldn't want the liability of accidentally hitting a dog.  They can't predict what dogs would do either, they could bolt out all of a sudden.

Yep its on the Mazda website - all dealerships. Though I did check before I took her and used my discretion in taking only my very stable girl. I left my old girl home as she can get a little anxious around strange people/environments.

• Like 1

It comes down to being a responsible dog owner.... some are fantastic at it and some shouldn’t own a dog.

i never go anywhere without poo bags.. i have them stashed in my car, coat pockets and I carry a bottle of water in case they do a sloppy ploppy so I can wash away what I can’t pick up, or they decide to wee on the footpath :doh:

i have taken my dogs to Petstock on their birthday so they  can pick out a toy they like but they are always leashed and watched like a hawk... because as you know those dog treats smell so delicious :laugh: 

The other week Sasha was at the vet for a check up and I looked away for a split second and she pooped on the floor.. I was mortified to say the least and apologised but they were good about  it though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ♦ Marg ♦ said:

i have taken my dogs to Petstock on their birthday so they  can pick out a toy they like but they are always leashed and watched like a hawk... because as you know those dog treats smell so delicious :laugh: 

i love the way you roll :happydance:

My local Petbarn is ideal .. a nice wide opening and wide aisles, with good lines of sight.  I quite often take my dogs in there - always one at a time as I need to be able to give them my full attention.  Great place to train against distractions.   Mind you .. my youngster in particular gets very, very excited, so it can take us a while just to make it through the doorway .. she has to show some impulse control and do her normal sit and wait for permission .    There are scales handily placed for weighing dogs too.    And yes, mine have been in to choose birthday treats or toys.

• Like 1