Black GSD puppy with white lighting chest mark? Purebred?

vinni2019

I bought this girl 2 weeks ago, she has a white lighting mark on her chest, and the rest of her body is pure black. 

Is she a purebred GSD? The owner told me she is 100% purebred and tell me if I doubt I can go to do a DNA test. 

rsz_1561250442620.jpg

rsz_1561244279177.jpg

rsz_1561161833785.jpg

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1561243600850.jpg

Any GSD can have a touch of white on it so I wouldn't be worried but really if the pup didn't come with pedigree papers from the ANKC then there is no proof that your pup is 100% pure. How old is she?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Rebanne said:

Any GSD can have a touch of white on it so I wouldn't be worried but really if the pup didn't come with pedigree papers from the ANKC then there is no proof that your pup is 100% pure. How old is she?

she is 3 months now:)

What did the parents look like ?
Is it pure no one can tell that ,does it look pure  that could be questionable( and thats not due to the white flash)  but this is a risk you take when you buy with no proof .

• Like 1

Yes, she could be a purebred GSD. The ANKC GSD breed standard states “Unobtrusive small white markings on chest as well as very light colour on insides of legs permissible, but not desirable.” Your puppy’s white marking stands out only because she is black. If she was black and tan, you mightn’t even know the marking was there.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, ish said:

RSPCA put an end to ear tattooing a few years ago unfortunately 

Oh thanks, @ish.  Now you say that, I do remember hearing about that.    So to know for sure, it's a matter of having the pedigree registration papers then?

Edited by Tassie

13 hours ago, Tassie said:

Oh thanks, @ish.  Now you say that, I do remember hearing about that.    So to know for sure, it's a matter of having the pedigree registration papers then?

Tattooing was what breeders used to ID puppies before microchipping was the norm.

to use a dog in a health testing scheme the dog needed to be identified like the GSD club.

originally without ID you could take any dog to be tested but no proof that dog matched the ID.

Now microchipping has that role so for hips,Elbows,DNA,eye,hearing testing the paperwork matches said dog 

Dobes,Rottis and GSD where the ones commonly tattooed.

Generally it was part of there prefix and number so Bob11 etc ..

Many tattooes where terrible to read and faded with age .

We brought a dog from Germany and her ID back them was ear tattoo that was poor quality and when the hair grew in her ears impossible to see it 

• Like 1