Does everyone know about these great puppy pens?

asal

the dog world went crackers some 20 years ago, after someone discovered the new in stock "compost bins" for only $19 (that was twenty years ago I think) they are four panels of wire mesh almost identical to the puppy pens the pet shops sell for over $70 . every dog forum was spreading the great news.... there were constant updates which branches still had "puppy pens" in stock and how many left. I still use them. perfect for travelling, I have two and so they can play in a big 8 sided pen when we arrive at vets or show.... mmm the price has gone up but the same thing in a pet shop today is 179 so still a bargain,, i put them together long side down so 1 mtre square pen. the only catch is always use a pair of pliers to crush the ends of the twirly bit after u have it in place or the puppies 
shaking it they spin down and so it opens like a flower as they spin to the ground.. also I dont put the spinners on all four sides, get two small boat clips for one side and then can fold easily for travelling and or clip to second pen if want bigger run area for puppies, put together low for small puppies or high for bigger puppies if they climb...............https://www.bunnings.com.au/tumbleweed-garden-waste...

I still have quite a few of the panels as well.  I join them with cable ties.  I have them up at the moment, keeping my new garden safe as it has lovely fertiliser smells in it.  lol

I have also used them under a chicken run to make it fox proof, two joined together to block off a hallway and to section a room for litters of kittens!

• Like 1

Yes these bunnings compost gates are fantastic and durable.  I think they used to be like $30.  We have around 8 of them in the house.  No puppies though, just fences off places they shouldn't be going.

I don't use the conntectors.  I just use cable ties.

On 07/07/2019 at 4:16 PM, teddybeans said:

Yes these bunnings compost gates are fantastic and durable.  I think they used to be like $30.  We have around 8 of them in the house.  No puppies though, just fences off places they shouldn't be going.

I don't use the conntectors.  I just use cable ties.

think my lot would think cable ties were their dental floss :-) 

• Haha 1