Looking to get a rescue great dane again - finally!

Flashsmum

Hi all!

I haven't been on here a lot lately, moved to new area and just got back from overseas.

Now that we have settled here near Gin Gin, QLD, we are ready to adopt a great dane. We miss our dogs, and now are ready to love again.  After Whitney passed, we sold the house and moved, but decided that we would wait 'til after our trip to Finland to get another one.

Any pointers to danes available? We are looking for a dane that would be okay with rural fencing and has some training preferably, not very elderly. We would like one in good health as Whitney had so many issues I was constantly worried about her.  We loved her to bits but would like a dog we can enjoy without stressing, at least for a while.

I work approx 30 hours per week and hubby works in shifts so is home a lot of days.  The dog wold usually be home alone for about 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon, and on school holidays, not much at all.  If hubby is away (not often) it would need to be alone for 6 hours approx on weekdays.  Otherwise it will go with us to most places - apart from grocery shopping :)

I'd love to hear about rescues and breeder rehomes.

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

We have Zeena at home now.  She was owned by a lovely couple who didn'thave time for her, and now she is here.  They love her enough to let her go. 

She is settling in, and is a typical, goofy, lovely dane. 3 years old and a dark blue.

67802300_10214138288240343_6462443634510790656_n.jpg

67284372_10214119113480986_9094299323193098240_n.jpg

• Like 10

Gorgeous!  Congrats! Colour is beautiful.  Out of curiosity why is it called a dark blue?

3 hours ago, Flashsmum said:

They love her enough to let her go. 

I really love how you said this.  It must have been such a hard decision to make but obviously the right one.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Flashsmum said:

We have Zeena at home now.  She was owned by a lovely couple who didn'thave time for her, and now she is here.  They love her enough to let her go. 

Oh! Wonderful :) You and she are most fortunate to have found each other at the right time  :) She looks beautiful! 

• Like 2