Zylkene - maintenance dose ?

On my vets advice my nervous hound has been on Zylkene for 2 weeks. It appears to have made a big difference as I can now take her for a long walk around my town whereas before I had trouble getting her out of the driveway.

She is 7 years old and has been becoming more nervous in the last 12 months or so. I got her as a 3 year old after her previous owner died.

She is currently on 2 x 450gm per day - I have googled but can't find any info about a maintenance dose - it is expensive at $64 for 30 capsules.

Anyone had experience with it ?

16 minutes ago, sparkycat said:

On my vets advice my nervous hound has been on Zylkene for 2 weeks. It appears to have made a big difference as I can now take her for a long walk around my town whereas before I had trouble getting her out of the driveway.

She is 7 years old and has been becoming more nervous in the last 12 months or so. I got her as a 3 year old after her previous owner died.

She is currently on 2 x 450gm per day - I have googled but can't find any info about a maintenance dose - it is expensive at $64 for 30 capsules.

Anyone had experience with it ?

No experience with it.  Given it's active ingredient is a milk protein, I'd be surprised if dosage needs careful control.  I'd do a bit of research... maybe you can get the same effect from some dairy product. 

37 minutes ago, Snook said:

I don't have any experience with it but this dosage guide was listed on a website. Being that the active ingredient is casein, I wouldn't think you'd see any adverse effects from reducing to 1 capsule per day if you wanted to see how she goes on a lower dosage. 

Zylkene 75mg

Up to 5kg 1 Capsule a day

5 - 10kg 2 Capsules a day

Zylkene 225mg

10 - 15kg 1 Capsule a day

15 - 30kg 2 Capsules a day

Zylkene 450mg

15 - 30kg 1 Capsule a day

30 - 60kg 2 Capsules a day

https://www.discountpetmeds.com.au/zylkene-450mg-30-capsules.html

Thanks - She weighs 37 kgs which is why the vet recommended 2 x450 per day.