Bob-tailed Pembroke Corgis

Klayton

Hello, 

Is it possible to purchase a bob-tailed Pembroke corgi in NSW? I'm aware there are natural bob-tailed corgis, and the tail docking is illegal here in AUS.

Just wondering if looking for the naturally bob tailed pups the only way to get one.

Also, how hard is it to get a bob-tailed pup in general? If ayone have any experience, i would like to have some insight on this topic.

I've been contacting some breeders and some have asked me about my specific tail preference.

I just want to know the background info, specifically about the tails.

Edited by Klayton

Just had a quick look at the DOL breeders pages ;... a few of the breeders specifically mention that they have NBT as well as tailed, so I would say it probably is.   But if I were looking for a Pem, I would make sure that whoever I got a pup from had a pretty comprehensive health screening program in place.  But I guess approaching breeders as you;ve been doing and asking is probably the best way of finding out.  By doing that you're also starting to establish that connection with a breeder that helps to get a lovely pup down the track.

The difference is the breeder specifically breeding just for the bob tail gene and the breeder breeding for a quality Corgi whether it has a tail or not .

i guess the issue for you in waiting is are you happy to take any Corgi as it’s a bob tail or do you want the right Corgi to fit into your home .

Breeders will ask most likely about tails as it enables them in some ways to see who on the list is after the right pup no matter what or the potential of a NBT that may not appear in the litter and how long you wish to wait 

• Like 1