Custom painting progress of my dog

LouisaD

Hi fellow members,

A family member recently made me a wonderful surprise: he gave me a paint by numbers personalized with my favorite picture of James, my mixed-breed corgi! 

It's not my first paint by numbers but I didn't know it was possible to turn a photo into a custom one!

Just started yesterday and I thought you might want to see it so I'll share the progress with you. I added the picture used so that you can compare and imagine the final result.

There are a few wrinkles on the canvas, I'll lightly iron it to remove them. smile.png

Have you ever done such project?

Cheers,
Louisa

James Corgi PBN - 1 (Copier).jpg

• Like 3

On 02/08/2019 at 4:48 AM, Loving my Oldies said:

What fun.  Brings back memories of painting by numbers over 60 years ago.  Mum framed a couple of my “artworks” and I’m sorry I threw them out years ago.    

That's sad! It's now time to make some again then :laugh:

I'll definitely keep you posted! Here is the result after a few more hours of fun

I'm super happy the wrinkles are slightly fading away; I can barely see them anymore!

James Corgi PBN - 2 (Copier).jpg

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, LouisaD said:

…. Have you ever done such project? ….

No, but it looks more interesting than the "adult colouring-in" that many of us were hooked on a few years ago, and spent a fortune on boxes of coloured pencils.  Do you buy the paints through the canvas supplier people or separately - water colour or synthetic - just enough for the one image supplied, or more generous?  Other colours available or only to suit the image you order from them?  I did look at the link, just couldn't see that much detail.

We do a lot of fiddling with photoshop and others and create some good (and some dreadful) 'painterly' images from photographs and have them printed onto canvas.  But yesterday I sold two of my horses and looking at some photos of them remembered your post and thought it might be interesting to do a paint-by-numbers from a photo for something different to see how it goes.  James looks a great little dog, could you put up a progress photo when you have started his colouring - our Rheneas could have a tiny bit of Corgi in him, he's a (very) mixed breed pup. 

Edit to add.  ignore questions, screen-freeze fixed so link "all there" - still need update photos of James. 

Edited by PossumCorner
fixt

13 hours ago, PossumCorner said:

Do you buy the paints through the canvas supplier people or separately - water colour or synthetic - just enough for the one image supplied, or more generous?  Other colours available or only to suit the image you order from them?  I did look at the link, just couldn't see that much detail.

You just have to send a picture and they turn it into a paint by numbers. They provide you with the canvas, the paint set (more than enough for the painting but you'll just get the colors that suit your image), 3 brushes, a chart (copy of the canvas in case you need to double-check a number in an area you've already painted) an instruction folder.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...