Bloat and a video on how to recognise it

asal

Was only discussing this with a friend, lost her bitch and later she learned from their owners, three of her puppies had died from this as well.

In her case her dog was a glorious Bull Mastiff

• Sad 1

It’s important to note it can be much, much quicker to get to the point of no return than this video depicts - don’t think you’ve got time to stand around wondering, get in the car and get to the vet (I understand in this video those around didn’t know what was happening, but for those playing at home you DO NOT have time to wait) 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, persephone said:

When I lost Kieran, The vet told me we would have been too late ..with the vet 120 km away.
I couldn't have driven it safely anyhow. He was given his wings by me here, at home. 

Oh Perse, that would have been so hard … but yes, totally the only thing to do.  :(

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 1:41 PM, ish said:

It’s important to note it can be much, much quicker to get to the point of no return than this video depicts - don’t think you’ve got time to stand around wondering, get in the car and get to the vet (I understand in this video those around didn’t know what was happening, but for those playing at home you DO NOT have time to wait) 

Definitely! If the cause is a torsion or intussusception, then the longer you wait, the more of your dog's intenal gastric tract can die off, leading to very aggressive surgery to remove large portions of same... or death if not treated asap.

If you even suspect bloat in your dog... vet asap... don't wait!

T.