Kirislin

Be Smart. Don’t be like Me!

9 posts in this topic

Kirislin   

When you put cooked food into your freezer LABEL IT! Especially if you’re freezing dog food cook ups and people food stews.  I had a most unpleasant experience this evening, but luckily ....... I didn’t swallow.

• Haha 9

Diva   
16 minutes ago, Two Best Dogs! said:

I went one further. I have a dog freezer and a people freezer :laugh:

So do I.

The dog freezer is in the garage. One summer a couple of years ago someone came over the back fence and stole half the contents. Then unplugged the freezer and let the rest spoil.

I was greatly annoyed at the waste, but had a quiet laugh at what they would have found when they tried to eat the dog food. 

• Haha 6

A taxidermist/school teacher I once knew was in the habit of putting road kill in the freezer.  His wife wasn't impressed.  Occasionally he would find a small bird sandwich in his packed lunch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Two Best Dogs! said:

I did that after the dog ended up with fillet steak!   Now that I only have one small dog, all the pet food is kept in the drawer in the top of the freezer.

• Haha 1

My mum (as a wildlife rescuer) used to defrost baby mice/rats in old margarine containers in the fridge.  We learnt very quickly to check first to see if the butter was labelled by mum before opening it   :laugh:

• Haha 3

Tassie   

The microwave in the staff room of one big school that I taught in had a No Rats version of a No Smoking sign on the door ..Ths was after the Lab Tech had forgotten to get the frozen rats thawed for a dissection class!  :rofl:

• Haha 3

On 05/08/2019 at 10:22 PM, Diva said:

I was greatly annoyed at the waste, but had a quiet laugh at what they would have found when they tried to eat the dog food. 

Obviously it wasn’t tasty enough to come back for seconds:rofl:

On 05/08/2019 at 10:02 PM, Two Best Dogs! said:

Ah the things we do for our babies :laugh: