Dog got small cut on eyelid

JLJustice

This morning I saw my dog with a clot of blood what his eyelid, so I cleaned it up, revealing a small cut on his eyelid that just missed his eye. I’ve cleaned it regularly with water and I put a dog cone on him to avoid him from touching it but was just wondering if I needed to take him to the vet or anything 

If you are unsure then possibly best to take your dog to the vet. It may appear that there is no damage to the eye when there actually is. If you are confident the eye is fine then what you are doing is most likely ok.

• Like 3

We had to do two weeks of this liquid anti-infection eye drops after Thyme took a stick to the eye. They had to flush it out too, as some splinters were present we couldn't see. Infections in that area are awfully close to the brain (plus our eye was also injured, and we did not want to lose the eye!).

If your eye doesn't seem to be coming better after a couple days, or god forbid starts to get worse, get yourselves to the vet.

• Like 2

His eye is working as it normally would, with no signs of squinting, excessive tearing or whatever. He doesn’t seem to be in any pain and his eyelid wound seems to not be infected or painful for him. If it doesn’t they better in a few days I’ll be sure to check with the vet! ;)

• Like 3