Looking at breed suggestions for friends.

Lhok

I recently had friends of mine look after Vyse who is a Keeshond while I was away. Upon my return I have found my friends to be completely smitten with him however the one thing they didn't like was his coat. So I am trying to help them find a purebred dog breed that is like a Keeshond but without the coat. They would like a dog that they only have to brush once a week and won't mat up or bring in the garden.

Any suggestions?

--Lhok

They liked how he was friendly with everyone, he would bark only as an alert to someone coming to knock on the door. How he had a cruisey personality when it came to when they had to go to work, yet was energetic enough to want to go for beach walks and they loved how he likes to play. He will bring a toy up to you and dump in on you lap to play.  That he likes to be near you but not in your face and how quickly he picked up and adapted to the rules of the household. They also liked his size, the only down side they didn't like was the coat having to brush it dry it and wash his butt if he got messy.

--Lhok

Hmm that’s a tough one!  Of course my mind jumped to thinking, what’s the size and shape of a Keeshond but with a short/er coat. Most of the breeds I thought of, have quite different temperament.....Elkhound, Husky etc Although smaller, I thought of the Schipperke but I think they are a good bit more lively, talkative and more fearless but I’ve only known a few. 

Then Cardigan Corgi popped into my head for some reason? The  ones I’ve met are somewhat alike to  the Keeshond I’ve know, as far as temperament goes. 

The problem here is no breed is quite like a Keeshond! 

• Like 1