Long Term Boarding Help!

FurbabyDorian

Hi guys first time poster but I feel so out of options I really hope this can help! Has anyone had any experience with long term dog boarding (like roughly 4 months) or know any possible other solutions when you can’t keep your pup for a few months? I live over an hour from Sydney but just got a career changing job in the CBD but can barely afford flatmates rent in the city let alone anywhere that will let me bring my little fur baby (a 4 year old Belgian mal 

After 4 months I have a solution for a place to stay but does anyone know of or have any experience with fostering or boarding options that are affordable? I love her so much and want to pay as much as I can afford but so far it seems like the best boarding option is roughly $1700 which is so rough

Any advice or help or past experiences will be appreciated so so much! <3

I think $1700 for 4 months boarding is a very good price.  As long as they are not cutting corners and can deal with a Mal.

Juice I think the OP means in 4 months time they will be in a position to have the dog with them but not currently.

• Like 1

You might try putting a notice at your vets, or calling her breeder, or if she's dog friendly, hanging out at a local dog park and talking with people who like her.  The ideal solution would be to find someone who is happy to have a second dog around for awhile... perhaps in an arrangement where you look after their dog when they go on holiday. $1700 is cheap for 4 mo boarding... I would check out the kennel thoroughly. 

• Like 1

I hope you have researched the kennel thoroughly...and been to visit it !don't  just ever rely on public photos and a pretty website.Ask will your dog be sharing, what one to one attention she will be getting, what the food is, what actual exercise consists of...do they get groomed regularly...

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies! I’m sorry I should’ve explained better, overall it’s about an hour 35 door to door (over 3 hr a day) and I’m balancing it with part time university so at the moment I can tell I need to move closer to able to do both successfully  

In 4 months I have a place I can move in the city with her but now my lease is ending so I’ve got to plan and I really don’t want to loose her for life over a 4 month rough spot 

That’s why I was really hoping anyone had any other suggestions or similar experiences, I’ve seen so many foster home and long-term care options online but nothing in Australia sadly, and the boarding school doesn’t seem as sensitive or loving as I’d like but if it’s the only solution sadly that one or another may have to do 

again thank you so much for the replies 

If you do go boarding just be careful,  Mals often don't take kindly to other dogs getting in their face so being chucked in a kennel with the wrong dog might end badly.

You could try Steve at k9 pro, he breeds Mals and might know of someone willing to help.

• Like 5