Not Dogs, but Falcons

Rebanne

25 minutes ago, cannibalgoldfish said:

Females are bigger, probably a girl :D 

I read somewhere that people refer to them as "Murder Pompoms" and I laughed.

See this is fascinating .. Hadn't even bothered to think about that.  We tend to assume things across species .. well, I do.   Thank you.  

The biggest youngster was exploring this afternoon out of sight in the space towards that camera.  I was glad to see all three back in the space and getting together just now.    (Wonder what I should have been doing  :laugh:}

• Like 1

For the last two weeks I haven't been able to load the link anymore as I have used up my monthly allotment (probably from watching the chicks) and have been 'shaped' by Westnet,  it's akin the dial-up :(

Sooo, could someone here pop up some screen-shots if possible?

I am missing out on the excitement

2 hours ago, Boronia said:

For the last two weeks I haven't been able to load the link anymore as I have used up my monthly allotment (probably from watching the chicks) and have been 'shaped' by Westnet,  it's akin the dial-up :(

Sooo, could someone here pop up some screen-shots if possible?

I am missing out on the excitement

Hopefully this works. Current sleepy birds :)

Falcons.JPG

• Like 2

I'm worried a little about the smallest one :(  Both parents were just there feeding and the two big ones were very active and eating, the little one showed no interest and kept closing it's eyes. When the parents left the big ones were actually walking over the little one a couple of times and it just lay there...

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, kitkatswing said:

Hopefully this works. Current sleepy birds :)

Falcons.JPG

Thanks heaps KitKat, much appreciated, what a little fat tummy that one has :laugh:

I had felt when I was watching them a couple of weeks ago that the littley may not survive as it wasn't getting stuffed with food like the other two, it's always distressing for us humans to see a non-thriver through lack of food.

maybe the camera-operator will take it home an feed it (fat chance of that happening though)

I saw the little one earlier getting stuck into the food so I'm not too worried at the moment. I think it's amazing they have got 3 to this stage and did expect the smallest to have died weeks ago. I'm cautiously optimistic about it's survival.

• Like 1

Pretty sure it was the little one that climbed over into the front space earlier on and was doing the wing flapping .. the big one had been there but went back into the back.   Now there's no one in the back space.   They're getting to adventurous.

13 hours ago, cannibalgoldfish said:

I think it's a remote operated camera, no access. Apparently (google tells me) last year the same pair lost two chicks from eating diseased birds :( 

I know it's a remote CGF but now I can't get the picture of some poor cameraman hunched down and gripping the edge of the small wall surrounding the balcony for 24 hours a day.

I hope he's being paid well :laugh:

I'll be keeping my fingers' crossed that the littley will keep living

• Haha 1