The Claytons 52/2019

PossumCorner

On 12/27/2019 at 1:53 AM, PossumCorner said:

Tks - and yours are where?  Coming.  Okay, looking forward.

Mine almost 100% consist of a blurry toddler these days. I'll see if I can get into Flickr and share something, but lifes ... just too hectic at the moment for 52!

Here's my contribution,  if it's ok to jump in on your thread.

received_2236888643240352

Roxy "the cat from next door" has all but moved in. She's such a darling,  and so good with George.  She plays a very special role in our otherwise currently pet free home.

received_1312970258863967

received_539482173551277

• Like 3

Hi - about as late as possible for 2019, but this is Daisy - helping me change the linen on my bed (then she saw something interesting out the window and I was able to snap this :-))

Loving all the photos

daisy3.jpg

• Like 2

The blue wren reminds me of our little Dorper sheepie - Rose is always shouting at something or somebody.

My poor chooks are under siege the last week or two, as if heat-stress isn't hard enough on them.  The goanna stomped off empty-handed, the eagles catch a gosling or chicken occasionally, they are always on watch.  And this bloody fox!!!  It must live very close-by, tests every pen at night, I can get up at 3.00am and see it busily doing the rounds.  And it makes a raid or two in broad daylight to see if any birds are out for their free range time.  Having to keep them locked in more and more.  Don't always know immediately if one is missing, have around 100 chooks n chicks between 14 odd smaller and larger pens, so don't do a headcount every day, then it is "hang on, where is the blue Silkie - oh".

DSC06171A-L.jpg 

DSC06103A-L.jpg 

DSC06202A-M.jpg 

• Like 3

Gotta love the kilt. I think it looks smart . A FB friend recently got married to a VERY Braw Scot  & he wore a dress kilt & looked to die for ! He also , as part of his gift to her, learned to play the bagpies so he could play something at the wedding! Definitely a keeper! 

I also always thing of GB  LOL  :D 

• Like 2

'our' euros , tho a few oldies have passed on ..seem to be hanging in there ...I love them so much :love: 
took these two last night . The 'hay' is manky old asparagus hay, mouldy and ancient  ..sheep will not look at it ..but the euros are at least playing on it and getting SOMETHING from it ...

Image may contain: outdoor and nature
family portrait ...
Image may contain: outdoor and nature

• Like 3

Really hay from asparagus?  Is that a thing - or is it another plant (like the "Asparagus Fern" that is a weed in the Dandenongs).  Kangaroos here still have a limited pick of dry grass - but they just look over it, the heat has been exhausting them.

This is the lamb I had to pull, first time I've had to, so amazed she survived.  She is now about 4-5 months, fiercely independent of her mum and twin brother, and I think can escape any fence known to man-kind.  So when a new bale was dropped off ($150: hay is eye-watering prices this year eh) she declares it hers and nobody elses'.

DSC06364A-L.jpg 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PossumCorner said:

Really hay from asparagus?  Is that a thing

yes! We bought quite a bit some years ago as the goats devour it. Depending on the stage of growth of the asparagus, it can be very 'leafy'..and stock don't mind it. Some 'local' asparagus growers had asparagus for picking, and some for haying.
That little lamb looks very happy with herself, thank you very much LOL !! 

• Like 1