Goodbye Zephy Man

grumpette

24-4-2009 - 14-10-2019 :heart:

Zephy Man, writing this post can only mean one thing, that you have gone over the Rainbow Bridge to meet up again with Baylee and Dee, Tank, Nova, Sultan and Fire. I am totally devastated, but extremely proud all at once. You were the most amazing, versatile dog that I have ever had the privilege of sharing my life with. The last 10 years have been a fantastic adventure. You started and ended your conformation career with a Best Puppy in Show at the 2010 National in Newcastle. Your head grew and matured but your ears and body stayed small. We have been kayaking and swimming together. We have entered the domain of the strong dogs and did weight pull, with a pass at your second try at the sport. Not bad for a Rottweiler on the smaller side of the standard. We were able to calm your enthusiasm for working and mastered carting. You did well in formal Obedience gaining your CCD and CD titles, but it was the fast paced sport of Rally Obedience which you loved, gaining your RN and RA titles and nearly your RE title. We gave herding a try and you gained your HT and PT. You loved your sheep in a nice tight group and would have been brilliant in C course herding. But it was people and puppies that you loved the most. You excelled in your therapy work, showing those who needed it gentle attentiveness and care. You loved all the attention that you got at the Dog Lovers Shows, constantly performing tricks and asking for pats. You gave everything that I asked of you a go, even if your boy brain did take over occasionally. You were happiest when working with me, as I was marveling at your amazing willingness to problem solve and give things a go. In your younger years you were a turd of an escape artist, managing to get out of your crate without us hearing, causing us to cable tie the sides. You loved being out and about, among all the action. You had your serious side, but you had the biggest smile I have seen on any dog. And smile you did. Always, even when you had a ball in your mouth, which was most of the time. I am missing your constant company, your reassuring snoring, and the wonderful walks that we always had. RIP Zephy Man. Until we meet again by the water, with a ball in my hand 

2I6A3600 reduced.jpg

Carting Lilydale 27-7-19 heeling.jpg

David photo of serious Zeph.jpg

David photo of smiling Zeph.jpg

Edited by grumpette
  • Sad 6

Oh @grumpette! My eyes are leaking for you right now...

Fly free with the angels sweet Zephyr... you were one of a kind and will be missed by even those who never met you in the flesh. I'm sure my Woosie has found the rotti pack and is helping show you where all the balls are hidden, and where all the best sunny sleeping spots are...

Massive hugs grumpette... from one who misses her Rotti love too...

T.

• Like 1

I can only say sorry Grumpette, I always like reading about your dogs and Zephyr in particular, he opened my mind to what wonderful and beautiful dogs Rotties are.

Have fun over the bridge Zephyr, there is a huge amount of balls there just for you.

• Like 2

I, too, always loved seeing the pictures of your beautiful dogs on Dol.  I'm so sorry that Zephyr had to leave - what a productive and good life he lived.  I hope he is reunited with all the others and has found some sheep to herd.  His memory will live on.

• Like 1

We went to the Blessing of the Pets in honour of St Francis of Assisi at the local Anglican church two weeks ago, and gave a talk about how important and precious animals are to the well being of people. Zeph rocked it, I on the other hand didn't know when to stand or sit during the service.  Zeph then promptly fell asleep under the table while we were having a cuppa and snored his head off :laugh: :heart:

20191006_144815 reduced.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...