Help needed training

I have a 16 month old rescue dog.  Even after 9 months she is still very nervous and anxious.  She has learned sit etc but will not always come when called and can be very disobedient.  She is loving with me but will not accept anyone else and still doesn’t like anyone coming to my house.  Food and treats are not a motivator for her.  I’m getting desperate to help her.  I think she was badly treated as a pup. I have tried desensitising her to new situations.  Anyone got any suggestions 

50 minutes ago, Mischie said:

She is loving with me but will not accept anyone else and still doesn’t like anyone coming to my house.

hi :)

Sorry to hear there are problems .... 
When you say "rescue" , from where did you get her ? privately, or a pound, or a shelter ? 
How long has she been with you now ? 
What is your daily routine ..yours with your dog's ? 
What does she do when people come to the house ? 
Which picture does she most look like then  ? :)                                CLICK ON THE PICTURE to see a larger version . 
image.thumb.jpeg.7d5448cfccefb710c491f40ffc7b5113.jpeg

Which picture describes her best when she won't come to you ?  :) 

Food and treats are not a motivator for her

What ARE her very favourite things ? :) Toys? Cuddles? Racing around? Being massaged? Being left alone ? Chewing a big bone ? 

Sounds as if you are both a tad stressed :(

Edited by persephone

Hey Mischie, I would encourage you to consult a veterinary behaviourist and a positive trainer. The reason food is not “working” is probably because she’s too anxious to think and learn (unless she’s overfed or your food isn’t high value enough for the situation). It might also be why she appears “disobedient”. If you thought your life was in danger you’d hardly sit down for a meal or follow cues that seem in opposition to keeping you safe! You’ll need to train within her comfort zone and, if she has an anxiety disorder, treat that too.

• Like 3